• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    Ladies and gentlemen. I have been approved. Applied on the 13th, slight completion on the 21 and finally approved today. I did own a handgun prior, not sure if that helped speed up the process.

To anyone who does not care... don’t not read this post. Danka

Sweet hopefully not too far behind. Been eyeing up a sweet Glock i been wanting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    Ladies and gentlemen. I have been approved. Applied on the 13th, slight completion on the 21 and finally approved today. I did own a handgun prior, not sure if that helped speed up the process.

To anyone who does not care... don’t not read this post. Danka

Mine just went Active just waiting for them to mail it. Applied on 16th Approved on 26th

JBoone

Nov 17, 2019
    Montgomery county, MD
    Mine just went Active just waiting for them to mail it. Applied on 16th Approved on 26th

Congrats Buck, hope you use the hell out of it. Don’t forget to fill out the 77R on MD state police website before you are able to purchase a gun like I just found out. Yippee, more online bull shit!

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    Congrats Buck, hope you use the hell out of it. Don’t forget to fill out the 77R on MD state police website before you are able to purchase a gun like I just found out. Yippee, more online bull shit!

What happened? If you don’t mind me asking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JBoone

Nov 17, 2019
    Montgomery county, MD
    I’m not sure how long till it gets mailed out but they would not let me purchase the gun before I had the card. They also can’t start the process of purchase without the 77R. It is the same form you use to fill out in store, now it’s just on their website. They then send you an email with a application number and pin that you have to give the retailer. After all that you still have to fill out a form for the feds.

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    I’m not sure how long till it gets mailed out but they would not let me purchase the gun before I had the card. They also can’t start the process of purchase without the 77R. It is the same form you use to fill out in store, now it’s just on their website. They then send you an email with a application number and pin that you have to give the retailer. After all that you still have to fill out a form for the feds.

Well we will see once I get card in hand

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Guys, do yourselves a favor. Send off the designated collector application if you haven’t already (you need to own one regulated item prior, anything that’s gone through a 77r should qualify). It costs $4 for a notary, and whatever a sheet of paper, an envelope, and a stamp costs you. Once approved you can buy as many items as you want at a time.

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...Documents/Collector_Application_Affidavit.pdf

Then, create a few 77rs in the licensing portal, save the emails they send. Then whenever you find yourself a good deal you just need to pull up the email and use the next 77r. Alternatively type up the app and PIN numbers on a sheet of paper, cut one out and put it in your wallet. When you use it, replace it with the next one on the sheet.

You never know when you are going to stumble across a good deal and the licensing portal is not a fun thing to deal with on a phone while at a FFL.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Anyway to get another copy of the collectors lic

You could probably call or write them, but honestly once it’s in their system you never need it unless you get that one FFL who insists on seeing it. It gets marked on the 77r when you create it in the portal so I assume it’s also one of the things MDSP checks every time if there is more than one item on the 77r.

Jroc

Nov 26, 2019
    White Marsh
    Thanks for the info below. Very helpful. I submitted the 17th, approved the 26th. None of the steps ever updated checked daily, but on the AM of the 26th showed approved. Just awaiting the card. Had no clue about the 77r

Guys, do yourselves a favor. Send off the designated collector application if you haven’t already (you need to own one regulated item prior, anything that’s gone through a 77r should qualify). It costs $4 for a notary, and whatever a sheet of paper, an envelope, and a stamp costs you. Once approved you can buy as many items as you want at a time.

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...Documents/Collector_Application_Affidavit.pdf

Then, create a few 77rs in the licensing portal, save the emails they send. Then whenever you find yourself a good deal you just need to pull up the email and use the next 77r. Alternatively type up the app and PIN numbers on a sheet of paper, cut one out and put it in your wallet. When you use it, replace it with the next one on the sheet.

You never know when you are going to stumble across a good deal and the licensing portal is not a fun thing to deal with on a phone while at a FFL.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    How long after status goes Active will it be mailed out?

It gets mailed the Friday after it is approved. Realistically it should be mailed this Friday, but tomorrow being a holiday it would not surprise me if they waited until the following Friday to mail it. If you don't have it in the mail by Tuesday it probably didn't get mailed.

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    It gets mailed the Friday after it is approved. Realistically it should be mailed this Friday, but tomorrow being a holiday it would not surprise me if they waited until the following Friday to mail it. If you don't have it in the mail by Tuesday it probably didn't get mailed.

I’m hoping for this Friday then

JBoone

Nov 17, 2019
    Montgomery county, MD
    Went to mailbox and le and behold my physical card arrived 13 days.

Congrats! Same here. There is a god! My card was issued on Sunday the 24th. Kinda strange. Didn’t know MSP did anything on the weekends. Went to the retailer and finished my application for my handgun. Now the 7 day wait is on.

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019
    Congrats! Same here. There is a god! My card was issued on Sunday the 24th. Kinda strange. Didn’t know MSP did anything on the weekends. Went to the retailer and finished my application for my handgun. Now the 7 day wait is on.

Doing that tomorrow

Buck1127

Nov 17, 2019

Well filled out the application and now waiting the 7 days. Hope it’s less

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom