• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Gun Stocks Soar After Trump Admin Passes New Rule To Ease Exports
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/gun-stocks-soar-after-trump-admin-passes-new-rule-ease-exports
    Gun stocks are zooming higher in late session Thursday after the Trump administration passed a crucial milestone in a long-delayed rule change that would make it easier for gun companies to export firearms around the world, sources told Reuters.

Sources said the rule change would shift oversight of firearm exports from the U.S. Department of State to the Department of Commerce. The timing of this change could occur as early as next month.

The National Sports Shooting Foundation concluded in an earlier report that American Outdoor Brands and Sturm Ruger & Company could see foreign gun sales surge by as much as 20% upon the rule change. Both companies would likely export assault rifles and ammunition.

American Outdoor Brands soared as much as 4% on the news.

Strum Ruger moved up at least 2.5% when the headlines hit.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sounds like ammo prices might be in for a raise.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't know whether ammunition prices to us would rise...but this bodes well for the firearms industry as a whole. Getting quality American products legally into the hands of more people outside the US is a good thing. Export American craftsmanship...give the non-US brands some competition on their own turf.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Let me put it this way...if you go to the German equivalent of GunBroker, eGun, American firearms fetch top dollar over in Europe. You could make serious money if you had a way to broker used firearms between the two countries efficiently.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't know whether ammunition prices to us would rise...but this bodes well for the firearms industry as a whole. Getting quality American products legally into the hands of more people outside the US is a good thing. Export American craftsmanship...give the non-US brands some competition on their own turf.

I was thinking of demand vs supply issues for ammunition. The current supply seems adequate at this time, but that could change, depending on overseas demand for US ammo.

I recall AmmoJon's concern about the possibility of an upcoming shortage; .223/5.56 IIRC.

The remainder of your post is worth repeating above.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Sturm Ruger & Co Q3 EPS $0.27 Down From $0.52 YoY, Sales $95M Miss $132.5M Estimate

5:08 pm ET November 7, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
    Sturm Ruger & Co (NYSE:RGR) reported quarterly earnings of $0.27 per share. This is a 48.08 percent decrease over earnings of $0.52 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $95 million which missed the analyst consensus estimate of $132.5 million by 28.30 percent. This is a 17.35 percent decrease over sales of $114.945 million the same period last year.

I just sold for a 13% increase having purchased earlier this year.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Strong gun companies are good for US shooters. You don't want them going out of business because of lack of sales and sales have dropped since Trump was elected. After all Obummer was great for sales because everyone wanted to buy guns before they were banned.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Interesting news about the authority xfer finally going through. Doesn't this affect the Defense Distributed case, because ultimately that was ultimately about "export" of firearms tech via posting to the Internet,? The various state AGs who sued, including our esteemed ideologue LeftWing von Frosh, use the improper rulemaking in the original attempt at reclassification and authority xfer to DoC as the cause of action and the justification for the judge's injunction?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    'Soared' 4%. Thats after they have been down 50.

****Pretty much this. I own significant holdings of Ruger and it's not performed well since DJT assumed office, for the most part. I'm not happy with the performance of the stock, but am very happy DJT is in office versus Hillary. My guess is had Hillary won, my Ruger stock would be doing *great*, but most of the 50 or so other stocks I own, not in the firearm business, would be doing much worse...

They at least have a dividend, which is something. If Bloomberg jumps into the race, a noted gun grabber, I bet Ruger stock goes up if he starts doing well versus the candidates left in the clown car of screw ups that is the Democrat party right now.

If my cost basis was as low as Ruger is now, I'd probably buy some. It missed forecasts by a lot, but the economy is doing remarkably well, and once the Dems have a nominee for Prez, and election season really kicks off - the MSM will probably scare most of us into buying more firearms and ammo if we start thinking DJT is gonna get tossed out or lose re-election. According to the MSM, *any* Dem candidate can apparently beat DJT head to head right now, even in the reddest of states - that's just nuts but guess they gotta rile up their base to keep them from burning down the cities....or to take attention away from all of the good economic news there has been including yet another bumper week in the stock market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom