The never-happens happened: AR15 used for self defense.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.ocala.com/news/20190711/summerfield-homeowner-injured-kills-2-intruders-with-ar-15

The homeowner told the detective he was awakened by a loud noise and grabbed his AR-15, which was near his bed. He saw a masked person inside the home, he said, and he and the intruders exchanged gunfire. He said he shot at the man in the mask and at a second person coming toward him.

According to arrest reports, Rodriguez said he, Hamilton, Doyle and Jackson were Doyle’s at home earlier in the day and that Doyle and Jackson planned to rob the Summerfield home for marijuana and guns.

They left Doyle’s home in Jackson’s car and went to there, the report states. Rodriguez said Hamilton kicked in the front door and Doyle and Jackson rushed inside. Rodriguez said he heard gunshots from the homeowner.

Two home invaders dead, the other two charged with home invasion and murder.

I am sure this is a misprint, who needs an AR15 for home defense., am i rite?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Did the older guy look like this?

breakingbad.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The admitted object of their criminal endeavor was Weed and MONEY . Your typical senior with bad health less likely to have enough stack of cash laying around the house for robbers to consider worthwhile for a four way split .

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Dupe thread. On the other thread the homeowner is a disabled veteran, here he's a weed dealer lol.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not exclusive from each other . How many thousands of $ do you have laying around the saved up from a disability pension ?

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    The admitted object of their criminal endeavor was Weed and MONEY . Your typical senior with bad health less likely to have enough stack of cash laying around the house for robbers to consider worthwhile for a four way split .

Wellllll,

He is 61, no charges filed after the search warrant, not prohibited.....

But sure, let's convict him without trial. Sounds good to me.

I'm not saying make him the poster child for home defense with an AR, or make him a saint... But innocent until proven guilty is still a thing despite social media..... And this IS social media

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Worst case , prohibited persons still have right of self defense . Somewhat related, Think Bernard Goetz . Acquitted of defending himself, convicted of having the pistol to do so .

While the jury may be out on the commercial purposes or not for the weed, no question he Had the weed . Still a federal prohibition, regardless of state law .

I'm glad he prevailed , and he's the poster child for tried by 12 instead of carried by 6 . But think twice about making him a 2A celebrity .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads