Old January 18th, 2021, 10:39 AM #71

I am so glad the 2nd Air-Space Museum was not built in DC,, at least I have one museum I don't have to "fight my when in, then fight my way back out.
I have fond memories of visiting DC in the 70's with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
# 1) you are the guy who claims the instructor gives you your CCW car at end of range training. You are a FAKE troll account.

#2) US cities run by democrats have the largest income disparities and most violence. DC is a case in point. DC is a hyper violent place, depending how you count, the 10th or16th most violent city out of the top 250 cities.

3) those national parks mall and classic buildings would not be here if not for the taxpayers all over the country paying for all it. Otherwise the city would be a cesspool if left to its own citizenry,
Mr.Culper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2021, 07:32 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney_downtown View Post
Ok, I've gotta be missing something here. Not one thread about yesterday's historic events? Looking to see opinions of others here. Where'd everyone go?
Lol "historic"??? You obviously have not been in a city this summer where way more and worse riots occurred and on a sustained basis, complete with Democrat leaders supporting and encouraging insurrection.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2021, 07:47 PM #73

For the new guys or trolls, have you driven in DC or took a stroll outside of the National Mall, Georgetown, or the West side area in general?

Do it and report it back to me what you see.

If you claimed that you live in DC, tell me about Southeast and East near Capitol Heights in general.

Take a walk around and bring a friend. LOL. That won't even save you.
Michigander08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2021, 10:27 AM #74

I live in NW and will not venture into SE unless absolutely necessary and only during daylight. Back about 5 years ago when my daughter was in middle and high school athletics we would go to the schools in SE for some events. Homes with bars on first floor windows goes from roughly zero to 100% by the time you cross the Anacostia.
fscwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2021, 11:14 AM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmike View Post
I've thought this since 1/6. Add to that the complete and total OVER-reaction to "planned" protests and you can conjure up all sorts of conspiracy theories, like "conservatives (white racists) cannot be trusted to protest peacefully (but BLM/Antifa protests ((riots)) with violence are perfectly acceptable) so we will have to stop any and all future protests from these conservative groups by any means necessary."

Tucker Carlson touched on this last night.
sbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2021, 11:25 AM #76

sbmike! I don't know where you got this, but well SAID!! Had to post again!

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Unknown[/B]
IronDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2021, 11:30 AM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by fscwi View Post
I live in NW and will not venture into SE unless absolutely necessary and only during daylight. Back about 5 years ago when my daughter was in middle and high school athletics we would go to the schools in SE for some events. Homes with bars on first floor windows goes from roughly zero to 100% by the time you cross the Anacostia.
It is unacceptable isn't it? How is it that we can't go to the other half of our city like we are in some bad city in war torn Syria. It is the failure of our collective governing body and the local people who live in it.
Michigander08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2021, 03:37 PM #78
Ready to go

Ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmike View Post
I've thought this since 1/6. Add to that the complete and total OVER-reaction to "planned" protests and you can conjure up all sorts of conspiracy theories, like "conservatives (white racists) cannot be trusted to protest peacefully (but BLM/Antifa protests ((riots)) with violence are perfectly acceptable) so we will have to stop any and all future protests from these conservative groups by any means necessary."
They aren't that dumb. They've been successfully suppressing the proponents of BLM and antifa types for decades( the minority of the country). They've started to wake the lion that is the majority and this is the reaction(overreaction?) you get.

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.