• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Don't be fooled.

Hunters and sportsmen are first on the list for confiscation.

In the wake of the 94' "Assault" Weapons bill they went looking for the owners of
    "telescope sniper rifles".

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I was starting to wonder about the Compass system info being used as I had not yet received anything. You can probably guess what just popped up in the Inbox :sad20:

Time for another round of emails...

redoktober

I bought one of those fancy shotguns - It came in a box that said 'Hunter' on it, I am thinking this means that it can not hurt people.
    Now I just need some ammo, that knows where the bullet is going after it leaves the barrel. FacePalm HeadWall

Good thing that Bad Guys never use hunting shotguns for people.

Aurora Shooting - Remington 870 pump-action
    Trolley Square - Mossberg Maverick 88 Field - pump-action
    Amish School - 12 Gauge Browning
    Northern Illinois Univ - 12-gauge Remington Sportsman 48 - 3 shot autoload
    Capital Hill - 12 Gauge Winchester Defender pump-action (Granted not good for hunting, unless it is people that should not be in your house)
    Red Lake Shootings - 12 Gauge 870 pump-action
    Lockheed Martin - 12-gauge Winchester 1300 pump-action
    Wakefield - 12-gauge Winchester 1300 pump-action
    Lindhurst High School - 12-gauge pump-action shotgun
    ESL - 12-gauge Benelli, pump-action shotgun
    Shopping Center Palm Bay FL - 20-gauge Winchester
    Navistar - 12-gauge Remington pump-action shotgun
    San Ysidro McDonalds - 12-gauge Winchester 1200 pump-action
    Welding Shop, Miami FL - Mossberg 500 pump-acton (Shotgun Was Only Gun Used)

Sourced - Mother Jones Investigation US Mass Shootings 1982 - 2012

Don't forget Columbine. Sawed off shotguns.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Just registered as a user but have been looking at this and MSI site for a while. I'm not too big on online communication overall. I am quite bothered by the political use of this youth program.

I replied to the letter to MOM.

I sent a complaint to DNR for MOM using this youth program to further a political agenda.

I sent an MPIA information request to DNR to see if any DNR email lists or other information sources were used. I will follow up on this post if anything turns up.

Since MOM says in his letter he is excluding rifles for hunting, I propose an ar-15 hunt event in a rifle hunting area. Fox and coyote season are still viable options for this. You will need the hunting license and a furbearer permit. I was planning on doing this individually, documenting it to establish standing for some sort of legal action in the future. Please contact me if anyone is interested or if you actually do have land that has a predator problem. I don't mind pulling chicken coop guard duty for a while. I already know public land that can work for this if others are interested.
    Well...if you did the PIA request I'll send mine too.

Bombard these assholes with it.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    On the Allen Ellis Outdoors Radio Show this morning on WCBM it was reported that only 1% of emails sent out by the DNR/O'Malley had a return. Apparently 35,000 people got this email, and there was only around 350 reponses. SEND A REPLY! BOMBARD THEM!

MikeFly

Sep 16, 2012
    Carroll County
    Dear Governor,
    You are not a friend of mine so please do not address me as such. I am your employer and I do not appreciate you using my tax dollars to send out spam to garner support from the hunting community. Your attack on the 2nd amendment is deplorable. I hope that this week's turnout in Annapolis has sent a strong message.

I am a God loving Catholic.
    I am a father and a husband.
    I am pro 2nd amendment.

Thanks to you, I, along with many others, have switched my party affiliation. I am now a registered Democrat and now have an a say in primaries.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Holy thread resurrection! That being said, I like OweMalley because without him and his stupid laws, I never would have considered making my own handguns and rifles.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Holy thread resurrection! That being said, I like OweMalley because without him and his stupid laws, I never would have considered making my own handguns and rifles.

It's not unfounded to bring this thread back. He said last night in the Dem Debate that the NRA lied to hunters in the State about the FSA2013.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This thread helps a fair bit with regards to what O'Malley said last night as well as what he sent out to the hunters (via the hunter safety course list) back in 2013.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    This thread helps a fair bit with regards to what O'Malley said last night as well as what he sent out to the hunters (via the hunter safety course list) back in 2013.

Hunter safety course list, or federally protected records?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hunter safety course list, or federally protected records?

Since they are state records, and the DNR used them, that question was asked of the (then) Secretary, but he never responded to any of the questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom