• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    So, I email a fellow on Gunbroker to see if he would sell his 50+ year old pistol to me as a C&R holder. The age was not the question.

His answer "Quick answer - No. There are too many guns that fall into the C&R class based on the definition alone."

Moron. I politely sent him the ATF reg which clearly states he is wrong.
    Man, is reading really that hard these days?!?!?

Guess he is also upset that there are lots of antique firearms and classic cars out there. OMG, Pintos are now old enough to be a "classic"!!! Quick, change the law since I don't like that!!!

Is there a way to block sellers on GB? I really would like to make sure I don't even look at these people's listings again down the road as they are making up laws as they go along and I don't have time for more stupid.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think he's saying that there would be too many "relics" if you actually go by the ATF definition of 50 years. So, he'll make it up as he goes along I guess.

He's in Kali so that may have made his brain turn to goo.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Life's too short to worry about GB sellers that would rather say no than learn.

Their toys-Their rules.

Confronting them just breeds frustration.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    On a good note, I am waiting for my .44 mag Ruger Blackhawk, He didn't have it listed as CNR but I asked and he sold it to me.

Attachments

• 44 mag.jpg
      44 mag.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 641

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD

Their toys-Their rules.

I don't confront, their sale their rules, but It dosn't hurt to inform. A lot of people don't know the law and are more than happy to get a sale when informed. Some just don't want to bother which is a shame for them, CNR listed guns go for more a lot of the times.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    In my experience GunBroker sellers are 50/50 on sticking to their exclusions. Some will not bend. Others once you explain the law they are happy to sell to you.

Just last week a seller had no sales to NJ, NY, CA, Hawaii, CT, and Maryland on a nice matching 1909 Argentine with sling and muzzle cover. I emailed him asking why NJ was excluded and explained the law. Unfortunately he got back to me minutes too late and it sold for only $460. I would have easily bid $500. In the future he said he would remove NJ from his list.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    It's kind of like those sellers who demand payment be made with PayPal and will not accept any other form of payment, including USPS MO. As soon as I see PayPal as the only form of payment, I don't even bother!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've had the occasional small success educating GB sellers. Unless they have something really unique that I can't stand to miss, I will nearly always pass on sending something to a MD FFL01. Adding $50-75 dollars on top of the auction price makes most good deals not so good.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    So, I email a fellow on Gunbroker to see if he would sell his 50+ year old pistol to me as a C&R holder. The age was not the question.

His answer "Quick answer - No. There are too many guns that fall into the C&R class based on the definition alone."

Moron. I politely sent him the ATF reg which clearly states he is wrong.
    Man, is reading really that hard these days?!?!?

Guess he is also upset that there are lots of antique firearms and classic cars out there. OMG, Pintos are now old enough to be a "classic"!!! Quick, change the law since I don't like that!!!

Is there a way to block sellers on GB? I really would like to make sure I don't even look at these people's listings again down the road as they are making up laws as they go along and I don't have time for more stupid.

There is a blacklist started in the C & R forum.

LKGMADMAX

Sep 9, 2017
    There is a blacklist started in the C & R forum.
    If they don't clearly state that they do not accept C&R I bid on the gun in question after winning the auction I send them a copy of my drivers license in the C&R and tell him to ship it to that address. I've never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Their toys-Their rules.

^^^THIS. Never understood all the gripes about sellers who don't want to deal with C & R. Screw 'em and move on.

IIRC, there was a blacklist thread started a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom