• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Freedom munitions has better prices, frequently offers free shipping, and additional discounts. Many on the forum have used them. They are outstanding.

I won't contest that freedom is awesome. I order from there often. Bite the bullet is beating them by more than $20 with 9mm and .223 at least. would be cool to have another option when freedom isn't offering free shipping though. :thumbsup:

EDIT: just checked and shipping is pretty expensive to my area. If they offered free shipping once and a while they would be a great option considering the ammo is reliable.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I won't contest that freedom is awesome. I order from there often. Bite the bullet is beating them by more than $20 with 9mm and .223 at least. would be cool to have another option when freedom isn't offering free shipping though. :thumbsup:

EDIT: just checked and shipping is pretty expensive to my area. If they offered free shipping once and a while they would be a great option considering the ammo is reliable.
    They aren't beating freedom when you factor in shipping. I got 2000 rounds yesterday with free shipping.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They have a great deal today. Fee shipping and 5% off on 9mm, 44 mag, 357 mag and 50 cal. This is their daily special for December 30, 2015. Will not be available after midnight, tonight.

Good Luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Freedom Munitions has FREE SHIPPING and 5% off of ALL ammo today. Seems like today may be a good day to pick up some more ammo.

Good Luck!

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Another freedom munitions lover here. I only buy when they offer free shipping and discounts. But when I do buy it is a large quantity. Best deals going for that I have found. Great ammo.

laseray

May 28, 2018
    Bit the Bullet - not so good

I purchased 500 rounds of 147gr 300 blackout from Bite The Bullet. It arrived in a sealed bucket in a thick plastic bag within the expected delivery time. This was my first purchase and all rounds were tested with an L.E. Wilson gauge with 87 rounds failing. 17.4% failure.

40 rounds with large over head space failure
    16 rounds with small over head space failure
    30 rounds with small short head space failure
    1 round dented.

I have never had a reloading vendor (or any vendor) have so many issues. I contacted them and shipped the bad rounds back to them. I have fired 100 rounds that passed inspection and they ran well, so it only seems to be a quality control issue. While they were quick to respond initially with an email, action seems to be a different thing. It has almost been a month and this has still not been resolved with now no reply.

I have in effect paid a 17.4% higher price due to failures, plus hassles, plus my extra work needed for my peace of mind. Check your ammo first!

I purchased 500 rounds of 147gr 300 blackout from Bite The Bullet. It arrived in a sealed bucket in a thick plastic bag within the expected delivery time. This was my first purchase and all rounds were tested with an L.E. Wilson gauge with 87 rounds failing. 17.4% failure.

1 round dented.

I have never had a reloading vendor (or any vendor) have so many issues. I contacted them and shipped the bad rounds back to them. I have fired 100 rounds that passed inspection and they ran well, so it only seems to be a quality control issue. While they were quick to respond initially with an email, action seems to be a different thing. It has almost been a month and this has still not been resolved with now no reply.

I have in effect paid a 17.4% higher price due to failures, plus hassles, plus my extra work needed for my peace of mind. Check your ammo first!

Out of curiosity, where are you located? I would be will to buy the defective rounds for components.

1 round dented.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? I would be will to buy the defective rounds for components.

As I suspected...
    Someone joins the forum to bash a company, makes one post and logs off.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    My go-to place is SGAmmo. They're consistently low with their prices, and the shipping is decent, about $16 to ship a thousand rounds of 223 right now. Just took a quick look and they have several brass cased, boxer primed brands of new 223/556 ammo starting at about the thirty cents per round level.
    https://www.sgammo.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom