• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I got burned very bad on a used 1050 Ebay purchase, to the tune of $1350 dollars.

After being denied a reimbursement claim by PayPal, Dillon went above and beyond to help me out. I just got the press set up I'll need to order a few small parts on Monday and I'll be up and running.

A word of caution if anyone is ever thinking of doing what I did and buying a used 1050. Unless you know who it's coming from, just don't do it. Especially if it's coming from a commercial reloading company.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I got burned very bad on a used 1050 Ebay purchase, to the tune of $1350 dollars.

After being denied a reimbursement claim by PayPal, Dillon went above and beyond to help me out. I just got the press set up I'll need to order a few small parts on Monday and I'll be up and running.

A word of caution if anyone is ever thinking of doing what I did and buying a used 1050. Unless you know who it's coming from, just don't do it. Especially if it's coming from a commercial reloading company.
    I'm pissed off about a ebay purchase for a 20 dollar sks hand guard described it as brown nope red and no returns sorry but i feel better now dang that would suck:sad20:

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Dillon is top notch company and stand behind their stuff 100%. I know they say that the 1050 is a commercial press and only has a 1 year warranty on it. Just an FYI is you ever need anything Dillon quick fast and in a hurry Bob at Maryland Reloader in Pomfert normally has it in stock his number is 301-934-6213. He is getting older and he's had a couple of strokes so bare with him but he knows his stuff.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Dillon is top notch company and stand behind their stuff 100%. I know they say that the 1050 is a commercial press and only has a 1 year warranty on it. Just an FYI is you ever need anything Dillon quick fast and in a hurry Bob at Maryland Reloader in Pomfert normally has it in stock his number is 301-934-6213. He is getting older and he's had a couple of strokes so bare with him but he knows his stuff.

I've bought a few things from Bob in the past. Thank you for including his number, I was going through old threads trying to find it. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping he may have a couple accessories I would like but I think I'll have to get the frame part from Dillon.

Being that the 1050 is commercial, I wasn't expecting any help from them at all and I wouldn't have had a problem with it. I was floored with the amount of help they offered up. The guy in repair even emailed me a detailed list of what was wrong with the press so I could submit it for my claim.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm pissed off about a ebay purchase for a 20 dollar sks hand guard described it as brown nope red and no returns sorry but i feel better now dang that would suck:sad20:

I was beyond pissed. I was in school full time and sold off some guns to get the money for the press. At first the seller was sounding real helpful and I thought it would be an easy resolution but as time went on, I realized it wasn't going to be smooth.

In all honesty, I shot myself in the foot. I bought the press when I was in school. I tried to get it up and running and just didn't have the time to commit to it. So, I waited till I graduated and passed my finals and national certification exam before I messed with it again. Almost 5 months later :sad20:

When I still couldn't figure it out, I called Dillon to see if I could pay to have it set up, like they do with a brand new one. I shipped it out to them and got a call about a week later saying that the press was, basically, wrecked.

That's when I contacted the seller to see what could be done. He offered to swap it out with another machine but I didn't want to do that cause I figured the trashed one would wind up for sale somewhere else again.

It all ended well and I learned a valuable lesson.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I was beyond pissed. I was in school full time and sold off some guns to get the money for the press. At first the seller was sounding real helpful and I thought it would be an easy resolution but as time went on, I realized it wasn't going to be smooth.

In all honesty, I shot myself in the foot. I bought the press when I was in school. I tried to get it up and running and just didn't have the time to commit to it. So, I waited till I graduated and passed my finals and national certification exam before I messed with it again. Almost 5 months later :sad20:

When I still couldn't figure it out, I called Dillon to see if I could pay to have it set up, like they do with a brand new one. I shipped it out to them and got a call about a week later saying that the press was, basically, wrecked.

That's when I contacted the seller to see what could be done. He offered to swap it out with another machine but I didn't want to do that cause I figured the trashed one would wind up for sale somewhere else again.

It all ended well and I learned a valuable lesson.

Those Dillons are nice my SIL has a new 650 would love to get one.But he's younger I'm older and cheaper I guess.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Those Dillons are nice my SIL has a new 650 would love to get one.But he's younger I'm older and cheaper I guess.

I'm spoiled with them now. This 1050 is my 4th press from them. I've got two 550's, a 650 and now the 1050. The 1050 will be only for 9mm though since that's what I shoot the most.

I'd love to get a 1050 just for processing 5.56 brass. That auto swage is the ticket!!!

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I'm spoiled with them now. This 1050 is my 4th press from them. I've got two 550's, a 650 and now the 1050. The 1050 will be only for 9mm though since that's what I shoot the most.

I'd love to get a 1050 just for processing 5.56 brass. That auto swage is the ticket!!!
    I'm hoping to get into Sanners this year #34 after a year and a half or so 2 rcbs presses may just not keep up. Dear Santa I've been a good boy this year etc.:)

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Sorry you got burnt some. I stopped using ebay and paypal several years ago over a small purchase around $25 that the seller claimed 1 thing, and per paypal rules he was in violation and admitted to it not being able to do what was advertised, and paypal said I was having buyers remorse because it didnt do what was stated.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    OP, if you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with the 1050 and what did they do to resolve the issue?

The case slide on the frame was bent, the cam shaft way was oblonged, which basically dead lined the whole frame. He said that's not uncommon with presses that had auto drives installed that may not have been adjusted correctly. It also had mismatched parts on it. A large primer swage with a small shell plate and even had hardware from the auto drive still attached. That's what was giving me fits, trying to identify the parts in the schematic that weren't Dillon parts.

Dillon gave me a good discount on everything to get the press up and running. Being it's a commercial press and out of warranty, they didn't h ave to do anything. I was grateful for what they did for me.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Sorry you got burnt some. I stopped using ebay and paypal several years ago over a small purchase around $25 that the seller claimed 1 thing, and per paypal rules he was in violation and admitted to it not being able to do what was advertised, and paypal said I was having buyers remorse because it didnt do what was stated.

I haven't done a whole lot of stuff with Ebay and after this, I'll be much more careful. As I said earlier, I kind of shot myself in the foot with the long time between grievance and purchase so I bear some of the blame.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The case slide on the frame was bent, the cam shaft way was oblonged, which basically dead lined the whole frame. He said that's not uncommon with presses that had auto drives installed that may not have been adjusted correctly. It also had mismatched parts on it. A large primer swage with a small shell plate and even had hardware from the auto drive still attached. That's what was giving me fits, trying to identify the parts in the schematic that weren't Dillon parts.

Dillon gave me a good discount on everything to get the press up and running. Being it's a commercial press and out of warranty, they didn't h ave to do anything. I was grateful for what they did for me.

Holy crap....

Yea, Dillon could have told you to get bent, but they stand behind their products. Good on Dillon for making it right, even after the warranty period expired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom