• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I am going to the gunshow tomorrow and plan to get some aluminum AR mags. Right now, all my AR mags are Magpul. What are the good brands to get?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've heard that the Brownell's mags are really good, but they cost more. Honestly, I've had pretty good luck with the cheap surplus ones...as long as they aren't crushed :shrug:

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It's neat to find a military colt mag. But the more modern Mil-surplus I think have anti-tilt now.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    C-products, had a few of them over the years, they never gave me any issues.

Personally, the only times I go for an aluminum mag are for calibers that aren't compatible with Pmags (450Bushy comes to mind).

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I personally have experience OKAY and Adventure Line aluminum mags. I shot them for years. Then at some point I replaced all my green followers with Magpul followers. No reason for it, I just wanted Magpul gear. Then I shot them for many more years. It's very safe to say I have mags from each brand with well over 2000rds though them. I've experienced zero malfunctions in the last 14ish years of use. Note: All my shooting is done on a 2D range with no one shooting back.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    OKAY, Bushmaster, Adventure Line, old Colt surplus 20 or 30rd, HK steel mags if you have deep pockets, Sanchez

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Most of what you will see will be Cprod, ASC.

Definitely agree with the others thoughts on Bushmaster, C-products.

Colt mags are a little more collectible though I always snag a few when I see them at reasonable prices.

Remember these things were built to be disposable. Pmags have a little more design for ongoing use going on.

Anything except USA mags. Used mil-spec (Colt, Adventure Line, O.K., Universal, etc.) from the Viet Nam era work forever. I have dozens in various condition, some with NO finish left, and they still work as well now as they did when they were issued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom