• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Got 3 Pre-2013 stripped lowers left that haven't been touched. My line of thinking is to build them all up as pistols first and document them as such so I can do as many pre-2013 variations on each lower as I can dream of(that MD will let me)

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    That will work, I will say the last couple PSA kits i helped friends put together were OK, but i have found PSA QA stuff lacking.....for example, a couple months ago I pulled a PSA BCG apart to gauge it, and one of the gas rings was pushed down around the bolt tail.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I thought the PSA BCGs had Chads approval. Oh, well that is two reasons not to buy these kits. My bad.

Well, my take is, PSA is hit or miss, but every manufacturer can have a screw up go thru on occasion....its important to check, gage, etc all this stuff before building.... or putting your life on the line

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    With an unserialized lower does one still need to build an HBAR?

Are you asking about an 80% lower that you just milled out and want to put an upper on it? I'd say yes to the Hbar. If you milled it out prior to 10/13 it should be okay with the 16" upper from PSA. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Well, my take is, PSA is hit or miss, but every manufacturer can have a screw up go thru on occasion....its important to check, gage, etc all this stuff before building.... or putting your life on the line

Ones life depending on a sub $300 AR? Lol, that’s comical.
    I posted the link for the hobbyists here, I’ll not interrupt your thread any longer.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Ones life depending on a sub $300 AR? Lol, that’s comical.
    I posted the link for the hobbyists here, I’ll not interrupt your thread any longer.

My friend I didn't mean to offend you, I should explain...I build every AR with the goal of... no matter what make, cost of the parts, etc, if someone picks it up it will function and provide protection to themselves or their family. Would I build a PSA gun for someone that's heading to war? No, but ,it will work as expected until you get to your "better" gun....just my standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom