• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did a search and didn't really find the answer I was looking for.

There is a factory made SBR, but its OAL is <29" which obviously means its evil and not allowed in MD. Has anyone successfully made a MD compliant Vector SBR? Only reason I'm not really interested in the carbine is the barrel shroud doesn't allow for a can, as I obviously cannot legally remove the shroud.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I think if you put the Carbine Stock on the pistol and Flash Suppressor in the 2.9" range you should beat the numbers because you can extend the AR type stock to get the OAL.

I saw this on the Web seems to viable...and there are other PDW type Stocks. Plus if you add a folding mechanism that give you a little more length.

Attachments

• 10414489-754177751316424-4414656956215855654-n.jpg
      10414489-754177751316424-4414656956215855654-n.jpg
      177.3 KB · Views: 4,147
    I think if you put the Carbine Stock on the pistol and Flash Suppressor in the 2.9" range you should beat the numbers because you can extend the AR type stock to get the OAL.

I saw this on the Web seems to viable...and there are other PDW type Stocks. Plus if you add a folding mechanism that give you a little more length.

Yeah I'd probably go with a folding stock. What flash suppressor would you suggest for that length? I'm guessing a flash suppressor that's compatible with suppressors would be the best route

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    A folding stock and a flash hider or suppressor would be a no go. Two evil features.

Collapsible or PDW stock would be fine.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I would have to say it depends on the Suppressor Brand...or say a 3 Lug Mount...you might have to find one that will be thread compatible to the Kriss Barrel.

Also do you plan to have Multi-caliber Suppresser...?

There is a plethora of Cans out there...

I would have to say it depends on the Suppressor Brand...or say a 3 Lug Mount...you might have to find one that will be thread compatible to the Kriss Barrel.

Also do you plan to have Multi-caliber Suppresser...?

There is a plethora of Cans out there...

I'm not sure yet which can I'd go with. I know the deal of using .30 cal suppressors on 5.56/.223, is it the same with say 9mm and 45? That would ultimately make the difference on which can I'd get.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Seems like the stock would block the trigger when collapsed. I'm not a fan of this setup.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

What about using the collapsible stock that comes on the carbine, or a collapsible stock from any aftermarket company for that matter, on the pistol, with a pinned flash suppressor.

EDIT: It sounds like it would work but I have to find a stock that extends far enough to get over 29" with a pinned flash suppressor

Jkratz

Dec 22, 2016
    Jarrettsville MD
    I have one in submission with a 45 vector with a magpul Gen 2 UBR stock with enhanced pad that will make it 29.25 without muzzle device...perfect with my osprey 45

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Unfortunately in MD the 29" rule applies which makes me wonder what the benefit of a KRISS Vector SBR is. You could deck out a 9mm AR for far less and if you run a mag block could have a multipurpose SBR lower. To each his own and some what what/need to have it I guess.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Unfortunately in MD the 29" rule applies which makes me wonder what the benefit of a KRISS Vector SBR is. You could deck out a 9mm AR for far less and if you run a mag block could have a multipurpose SBR lower. To each his own and some what what/need to have it I guess.

Personal Preference I would think...

And more compact when folded...

AR is can be folded but exposes the buffer...

Yeah the 29" Rule is a pita...

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    well here's a solution.....

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=175644&highlight=kriss

Leave it to Engage to have this.

This is what I did. Also, I had to petition the HRB to get the Gen 2 9mm SDP added to the handgun roster (that took place around July last year), so if you're getting a 9mm SDP to SBR, you should be good to go.

Running mine with an AR adapter block, VLTOR A5 buffer tube, and Magpul ACS-L with the extended buttpad (all required to hit 29" OAL).

Eventually when the missus and I move to a free state, I'm just going to drop the AR adapter/misc nonsense and get the foldable KRISS stock for it, more than likely.

Another option that you may want to go with is to just get the SDP, AR block, and a KAK Shockwave Blade (recommended over the Sig forearm brace), so it's left in pistol configuration (just don't put a vertical foregrip on it or shoulder it :innocent0). If you do decide to SBR, once you get the Form 1 back, I highly recommend Ident Marking in Texas for NFA engraving. Have had two done through them and they are top-notch and meet ATF requirements.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

This is what I did. Also, I had to petition the HRB to get the Gen 2 9mm SDP added to the handgun roster (that took place around July last year), so if you're getting a 9mm SDP to SBR, you should be good to go.

Running mine with an AR adapter block, VLTOR A5 buffer tube, and Magpul ACS-L with the extended buttpad (all required to hit 29" OAL).

Eventually when the missus and I move to a free state, I'm just going to drop the AR adapter/misc nonsense and get the foldable KRISS stock for it, more than likely.

Another option that you may want to go with is to just get the SDP, AR block, and a KAK Shockwave Blade (recommended over the Sig forearm brace), so it's left in pistol configuration (just don't put a vertical foregrip on it or shoulder it :innocent0). If you do decide to SBR, once you get the Form 1 back, I highly recommend Ident Marking in Texas for NFA engraving. Have had two done through them and they are top-notch and meet ATF requirements.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Thanks for the help! I'll probably have questions soon as I just paid for a 9mm SDP yesterday. Now comes the impatient waiting for a week, then more waiting for SBR stamp, haha. The one I got already has the SB brace on it, which will suffice for now. Although I do have a Scorpion with a shockwave and really like the shockwave, so might get another for the Vector.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom