• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    it must be Christmas!!! :rockon::beer:

"The second-highest-ranking official at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has written a proposal to reduce gun regulations, including examining a possible end to the ban on importing assault weapons into the United States."

Also the white paper that was distributed also calls out suppressors..

“Silencers are very rarely used in criminal shootings,” the white paper states. “Given the lack of criminality associated with silencers, it is reasonable to conclude that they should not be viewed as a threat to public safety.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...82_story.html?utm_term=.05446218a710#comments

The Case For Legalizing Silencers Is Ironclad, & The Opposition Dishonest

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/01/25/case-for-silencers-is-ironcald-opposition-is-dishonest/

Great article to go along with this...:rockon::beer:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    it must be Christmas!!! :rockon::beer:

"The second-highest-ranking official at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has written a proposal to reduce gun regulations, including examining a possible end to the ban on importing assault weapons into the United States."

Also the white paper that was distributed also calls out suppressors..

“Silencers are very rarely used in criminal shootings,” the white paper states. “Given the lack of criminality associated with silencers rifles, it is reasonable to conclude that they should not be viewed as a threat to public safety.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...82_story.html?utm_term=.05446218a710#comments

The Case For Legalizing Silencers Is Ironclad, & The Opposition Dishonest

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/01/25/case-for-silencers-is-ironcald-opposition-is-dishonest/

Great article to go along with this...:rockon::beer:

This should be forthcoming in their next statement. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I must be dreaming!

ETA: start saving to buy all the brand new MP5s that will soon be available!!!!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If you ever wanted to pull a prank on MDS, this would be the headline to use.

Well, this one is believable. I mean, it's just a statement. Now if some posted that trump signed an EO eliminating the nfa? Now that would be a juicy prank. :lol2:

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Well, this one is believable. I mean, it's just a statement. Now if some posted that trump signed an EO eliminating the nfa? Now that would be a juicy prank. :lol2:

I think there would be a lot of people that would spend good money to ensure that the NFA doesn't go away on both sides of the argument. Imagine all the people out there who spent $10,000+ on a machine gun and then the day after the NFA goes away, that gun is only worth a fraction of what they paid. What about the cost of lightning links? They would go from thousands of dollars to $20-$50.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    I think there would be a lot of people that would spend good money to ensure that the NFA doesn't go away on both sides of the argument. Imagine all the people out there who spent $10,000+ on a machine gun and then the day after the NFA goes away, that gun is only worth a fraction of what they paid. What about the cost of lightning links? They would go from thousands of dollars to $20-$50.

Would the value of a Machine gun go down? I dont think the NFA (if it were) going away would cause that would it?

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Would the value of a Machine gun go down? I dont think the NFA (if it were) going away would cause that would it?

If you could just go out and get a new machine gun, then yeah the grandfathered ones would in no way be worth several tens of thousands of dollars. I mean Hell, how expensive is it to make a FA AR15 lower? Certainly not $25k.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I hate to piss on yawls campfire, but soon as the hood rats can lay their hands on readily available suppressors, they will probably be used quite heavily in street crimes.

Someone had to say it. :shrug:

Static analysis is worthless.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

If the NFA goes away (and we are really dreaming here), it would kill MG prices. Would you prefer a 25 year old Mac 10 for $8,000 or a brand new one that takes Glock mags for $600? Pre 1986 transferable MGs would be only worth their historical value, like C&R guns now.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I hate to piss on yawls campfire, but soon as the hood rats can lay their hands on readily available suppressors, they will probably be used quite heavily in street crimes.

Someone had to say it. :shrug:

Static analysis is worthless.

But the MGA loves the hood rats and doesn't want to punish them.

Suppressors would make it easier to commit crimes. Which means no getting caught. Which means no punishment.

This may fly in Maryland after all.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you could just go out and get a new machine gun, then yeah the grandfathered ones would in no way be worth several tens of thousands of dollars. I mean Hell, how expensive is it to make a FA AR15 lower? Certainly not $25k.

Jigs would be available to mill out room for the auto sear and drill the hole for it. Then just get a full auto parts kit and boom, you're done. Practically every AR15 lower in existence would be converted to select fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom