• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter6

Apr 29, 2020
    hello all. new member from baltimore here just starting to get into handguns

Received HQL in last month, waiting on pistol to ship. Applied for carry permit recently, waiting for my interview. Fingers crossed!

ZeroMc

Apr 28, 2020
    Halethorpe MD
    hello all. new member from baltimore here just starting to get into handguns

Received HQL in last month, waiting on pistol to ship. Applied for carry permit recently, waiting for my interview. Fingers crossed!
    Welcome Shooter

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Shooter6

Apr 29, 2020
    Welcome from somewhere west of Frederick. What did you use as “justification” for carry permit if I may ask? Not that we should need one but this is Marylinistan.

I have a business with what I feel is a legitimate reason. Combined with lots of deposits checks/cash. So hoping it’s sufficient to get it. I’ll update this thread if/when it comes Through

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have a business with what I feel is a legitimate reason. Combined with lots of deposits checks/cash. So hoping it’s sufficient to get it. I’ll update this thread if/when it comes Through

Sounds good. I know they use to want copies of deposit slips for you to prove your “worthiness” of getting one. Good luck!

Shooter6

Apr 29, 2020
    update for CCW permit interview questions. I didn't get them all written down but here's what i was able to write down:
    • called all references prior to my interview
    • verified DOB, address, wife's info
    • asked if I had any warrants out, committed a crime, were ever on probation, arrested, or committed juvenile crimes
    • asked how much I drank alcohol
    • how much/when last time I smoked marijuana (i said way back when in high school with is true, she said 98% of applicants answer truthfully and say yes but if it was awhile ago they aren't that concerned)
    • asked about other hard drugs
    • any domestic violence incidents
    • ever in military or law enforcement
    • last fist fight
    • taking any prescription meds?
    • ever been diagnosed with mental depression or other mental illnesses
    • Spent a long time talking about the reason for application
    • what pistol will be carried?
    • She said the application will be reviewed and answer given within 6 weeks but lately they have been quicker. Sometimes in as short as 3 weeks as of beginning of May
    • interviewer then immediately called wife and talked with her for less than a minute after my interview

My business reason mainly was about protecting high value material assets but she seemed to dwell more on bank deposits. I make all my deposits via the ATM so it doesn't matter if its a cash or check deposit. She went through 3-6 months of bank statements to tally up average deposit value and # of deposits per month.

Very nice interviewer, hopefully will hear that my app is approved.

If someone wants to, feel free to copy this info to a CCW questions thread if it helps. I'm sure there are probably tons of them...

i'll try to come back to this thread and update with a yes/no for application approval to close the loop

Shooter6

Apr 29, 2020
    Sounds good. I know they use to want copies of deposit slips for you to prove your “worthiness” of getting one. Good luck!

i provided pdfs of bank statements which shows that i made ATM deposits and the totals, but did not provide copies of actual ATM deposit slips/receipts...she never asked for those (which I don't have anymore)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom