• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Awesome! Too bad it took years to come to the conclusion that this was a terrible unconstitutional law. It’s interesting that CA now has active and acknowledged fights against both their dumb Ammo laws and their magazine bans. Here’s to hoping the good guys have success fighting their carry laws too!

There is one really big downside for those in CA. This happened in the middle of an existing Ammo rush so they are going to have to pay top dollar to get online bulk Ammo.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I like the way it starts,

"The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted.
    California’s new ammunition background check law misfires
    and the Second Amendment rights of California
    citizens have been gravely injured."

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Judge was born in Havana, Cuba. Appointed to the bench by GWB. He seems to have an intense animosity to totalitarianism, which I also knew in a law school classmate whose dad had escaped from Cuba with his family.

"Law-abiding citizens are imbued with the unalienable right to keep and bear firearms along with the ammunition to make their firearms work. That a majority today may wish it were otherwise, does not change the Constitutional right. It never has. California has tried its unprecedented experiment. The casualties suffered by law abiding citizens have been counted. Presently, California and many other states sit in isolation under pandemic-inspired stay-at-home orders. Schools, parks, beaches, and countless non-essential businesses are closed. Courts are limping by while police make arrests for only the more serious crimes. Maintaining Second Amendment rights are especially important in times like these. Keeping vigilant is necessary in both bad times and good, for if we let these rights lapse in the good times, they might never be recovered in time to resist the next appearance of criminals, terrorists, or tyrants."​

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Page 50

Second Amendment Tests
    i.
    The tripartite binary test
    with a sliding scale and a
    reasonable fit For a Second Amendment challenge, the Ninth Circuit uses what might be
    called a tripartite binary test with a sliding scale and a reasonable fit.
    There are
    three different two-part tests, after which
    a point on the sliding scale of scrutiny is selected. Most courts select intermediate scrutiny in the end. Intermediate scrutiny, in turn, looks for a“
    reasonable fit."

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    "Keeping vigilant is necessary in both bad times and good, for if we let these rights lapse in the good times, they might never be recovered in time to resist the next appearance of criminals, terrorists, or tyrants."

I think Benitez needs a promotion to the 9th Circuit with that logic.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Using “common sense” laws, .gov can run roughshod over constitutional rights. For example Japanese internment camps. P61.

Yeah baby! Go there!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I'm not thrilled about this one. People will stop there and say, "look at this". We can infringe.

Page 6:

"Of course, the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited. Some laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of guns and ammunition do not infringe on Second Amendment rights. One example of a permissible regulation is a law requiring stores to display ammunition beyond the reach of customers."

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    How can the same people who believe Voter ID laws are racist defend this sort of law with a straight face? It shouldn’t shock me but I’m not numb to it yet.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It is very well written and his honor did a very good job in explaining why the granted the PI as well. This is a major smack down of the states peepee and i think to the states AG and gov who are both very rabid anti 2a people as well. This case will be very interesting to watch down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom