• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Offer is open ended my friend.

Triangle HG's can be cut down but they require a custom rear cap which I do not have.

You are using a Front Sight Base correct?

If so, fulton makes a carbine triangle handguard that will fit a 10.5 with a FSB.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/handguard7carroundblack-1.aspx

Are you talking about the triangle handguard cap?

Yes probably a FRont sight base

I'm trying to source parts together I'm thinking this is the route a I want to go. Once I get the parts in I'll be taking a trip to you

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I guess it depends on what you want exactly. If you went with a 12.5" barrel your OAL would probably be long enough you could get a vetical grip and it would be a firearm instead of an AOW. I'd verify first.
    You can do that as well with a 10.5" bbl length if you choose your buffer end options well.. ;)

As long as the OAL is at least 26", it's a firearm when you add a VFG to it..

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co

I'm trying to source parts together I'm thinking this is the route a I want to go. Once I get the parts in I'll be taking a trip to you
    Follow his advice.. go FSB and get the mating handguard, should work perfectly!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I thought you had old triangle handguards (Vietnam Era/Rifle Length). These can be cut down for Mid Length Gas Systems and Carbine Gas Systems.

To modify them for Mid Gas, you cut the front end down and epoxy a piece of the original front 3/4" into the front. TO Modify them for Carbine you cut the rear down and use a custom cap, the caps are not easy to get.

The good news is Fulton has carbine length triangles that dont require mods.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Glad to help brother

I ordered all the parts so once this stuff comes in I'll reach out to you and find out a time. You already know PSA takes its sweet sweet time. I like to think of it as forgetting I ordered it and then boom a present shows up.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I ordered all the parts so once this stuff comes in I'll reach out to you and find out a time. You already know PSA takes its sweet sweet time. I like to think of it as forgetting I ordered it and then boom a present shows up.

They do take a long time.

Have you purchased a BCG yet? If so which one?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They do take a long time.

Have you purchased a BCG yet? If so which one?

I have not but once PSA puts them on sale I'll probably snag one. I have 4 from other builds so I'll probably just swap out as this gun will probably see very little use. I'm just looking to finish the build and have always wanted triangle HGs on something.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You can do that as well with a 10.5" bbl length if you choose your buffer end options well.. ;)

As long as the OAL is at least 26", it's a firearm when you add a VFG to it..

A reminder though, permanently attached. A 10.5" won't make the cut without a pinned muzzle device. My 10.5" AR pistol is about 24.5" and the linear comp brings it to about 27", but it isn't pinned.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    A reminder though, permanently attached. A 10.5" won't make the cut without a pinned muzzle device. My 10.5" AR pistol is about 24.5" and the linear comp brings it to about 27", but it isn't pinned.
    It can, if you build the buffer tube end right, I have two that sport VFG's and are over 26" to the muzzle of the bbl, not counting the linear comps I screw on. ;)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It can, if you build the buffer tube end right, I have two that sport VFG's and are over 26" to the muzzle of the bbl, not counting the linear comps I screw on. ;)

Dang, must be big buffers :D

I feel like there is a joke in there somewhere.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Dang, must be big buffers :D

I feel like there is a joke in there somewhere.
    :lol2::lol2: No pun intended.. lol

I have to take a couple of pics... I had taken some way back but I can't find em. There are buffer tubes that are designed to setback the Sig Brace (for those with long arms.. ;) )that are extended longer than the standard pistol buffer tubes. I have a 300AAC and a 556 pistol that are over 26" with two different buffer tubes. My x39 pistol is too short, it only has a 7" bbl.. :innocent0

edit... here is a pic of one, but no tape measure on it..

Attachments

• 4th of July small.jpg
      4th of July small.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 294

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    968fa7c63d72f32760e511860343beeb.jpg

258959e9d4fdafd2892bd0788d7e1711.jpg

Started doing some color fill on my SBR lower. Not done, but getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Here is an older pic of the 556 pistol, but I'll get a couple with a tape on both. ;)

I trust you :-)

Nice looking. I need better pics. All I've got is my feet pic of my AR pistol. Still itching to get it out. I am hoping next weekend. If not then it'll be a month or two before I have a weekend free and then I might be taking my son to the range which will probably be 10/22 only :-/

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpg
      IMG_2651.jpg
      100.6 KB · Views: 278

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads