• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I picked up one of these http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/standard-m1a/#MA9102 after wavering for a really long time. $1533 OTD at Quantico Tactical. I picked up a second 20-round magazine ($45) since they're having a sale this weekend. This is the first new rifle I've purchased that came with a case. I'm ordering some more magazines, not sure if I should go with Thermold or Check-Mate? Brownell's has a Check-Mates deal, five for $99.99, and Bud's has Thermolds for $13.13 a pop.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I picked up one of these http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/standard-m1a/#MA9102 after wavering for a really long time. $1533 OTD at Quantico Tactical. I picked up a second 20-round magazine ($45) since they're having a sale this weekend. This is the first new rifle I've purchased that came with a case. I'm ordering some more magazines, not sure if I should go with Thermold or Check-Mate? Brownell's has a Check-Mates deal, five for $99.99, and Bud's has Thermolds for $13.13 a pop.

IIRC Checkmate was the military supplier of the GI mags. I'd buy them deffo over the Thermolds.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats on the purchase of a great rifle. You'll have a ton of fun with that one.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I kick myself weekly for not buying one of these before the ban. Trained with it in 1967.
    Would have been a nice brother to my Correct Grade M-1 and my M-1 Carbine.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Congratz! That's very cool and I would love to have one of those.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    You can bring it to MD, the ban is only an attempt at people control. We can't purchase them in MD but it is okay to posses them if you either owned it prior to 2013 OR you live in another state. You can bring your shiny new toys to MD and tease us. We can even come to VA and by those big scary magazines and bring them home

Probably my favorite rifle I own, fortunately was able to get a National Match model prior to 2013. Longest groundhog shot I've done is with this, 224 yards.

In case you haven't tried out ammo with it yet, It really REALLY REALLY likes 168gr boat tail, Hornady in particular for me.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    That rifle is wonderful: .308 power, & accurate with old-world classical wooden furniture.
    I have a Sprg M1A NM (from 2A sales) and it's a truly fun rifle to shoot.
    I wish it was as easy to clean as an AR though.
    I even got a 5 round mag for it in case I ever want to hunt with it.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Crossed in to America yesterday. Went to Green Top, they had two of them in the Springfield booth and several more inside. Would have been nice to take one home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom