Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    FYI: Just saw this on my MD legislators' FB page:
    981c88d346f19d7bee805a2b1ace1c21.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    What the hell are they going to protest at the NRA?... "You agree with us now, and we don't like it".

They're all a bunch of f**king whiny b***hes. F 'em. They're the same ones who are on social media demanding we get rid of all guns. They just don't get it.

-John

PS: My normal calm, well thought-out statements are quickly going out the window as this s**t keeps on being spewed by the left. I'm done being nice. F 'em all, I hope the zombie apocalypse takes 'em all out.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    What the hell are they going to protest at the NRA?... "You agree with us now, and we don't like it".

It is the push for national reciprocity.

And eff the NRA on caving on bump stocks. What part of "shall not be infringed" needs splained?

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    "Moms" to protest NRAHQ 10/6 10AM

It is the push for national reciprocity.

And eff the NRA on caving on bump stocks. What part of "shall not be infringed" needs splained?

Technically, prohibiting the installation of a device on a firearm does not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms. You can still keep and bear an AR, they're just recommending looking into bump fire stocks.
    Personally, I think it's a brilliant move strategically. The left constantly complains that the NRA is against any gun regulations and cries when it doesn't respond after mass shooting events. What they did is pin the legality of bump fire stocks on Obama and then recommended that the ATF do something it was probably doing already. Even if installing bump fire stocks on ARs makes them NFA items, it still doesn't prevent anyone from buying an AR unless they live in Commiefornia or Marylandistan.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Wonder how many of those "Moms" are still married (to a man), got that way (moms) from marriage, or just got knocked up by a "friendly weapon?" Shouldn't they be home taking care of the kids?

Jumpmaster!

Aug 28, 2014
    One place these "moms" will never go is the inner city, where every weekend is a free-fire zone. They choose to protest some place safe because they are cowards.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One place these "moms" will never go is the inner city, where every weekend is a free-fire zone. They choose to protest some place safe because they are cowards.

How true that is. That is really where they need to be.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Technically, [size=+1]prohibiting the installation of a device on a firearm does not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms[/size] . You can still keep and bear an AR, they're just recommending looking into bump fire stocks.
    Personally, I think it's a brilliant move strategically. The left constantly complains that the NRA is against any gun regulations and cries when it doesn't respond after mass shooting events. What they did is pin the legality of bump fire stocks on Obama and then recommended that the ATF do something it was probably doing already. Even if installing bump fire stocks on ARs makes them NFA items, it still doesn't prevent anyone from buying an AR unless they live in Commiefornia or Marylandistan.

Seriously ??

So next they ban optics, ALL optics because they let the evil gun owner see better than the naked eye. You okay with that ? I mean heck, it's just an extra device. Doesn't inhibit the function of the firearm in any way not having it.

Then they go after those pesky DEVICES that shine light into darkness. Afterall, nobody "needs" to shoot a gun in the dark.

OOPS, they forgot, there's all kinds of other DEVICES that can be attached to rails which enhance one's ability to do all sorts of nastiness. Having a rail on your gun is now illegal !

You still okay with banning devices which don't infringe on your ability to own a firearm ?

I could go on and on but I think I made the point.

And no, I'm not a "never give an inch" kinda guy but there is a limit

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    "Moms" to protest NRAHQ 10/6 10AM

Apples and oranges. Rate of fire is at the heart of the NFA rules on machine guns.

You do sound like a "never give and inch guy." Believe me, I don't want to give an inch on anything because as a libertarian, I want the government to keep its filthy paws off of everything apart from national defense, interstate commerce, and a select few items. However, this to me is the least painful inch to give.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Apples and oranges. Rate of fire is at the heart of the NFA rules on machine guns.

You do sound like a "never give and inch guy." Believe me, I don't want to give an inch on anything because as a libertarian, I want the government to keep its filthy paws off of everything apart from national defense, interstate commerce, and a select few items. However, this to me is the least painful inch to give.
    What are you getting in return?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    You're the one who said "device that doesn't infringe on your right to own a gun". How about those evil devices that take an out of the box trigger pull of 10lbs down to 3 ? That certainly affects rate of fire. You good with banning those and requiring all firearms to have a trigger pull of at least 10 pounds ? How about 15 lbs ? 20 ?

Not apples to oranges at all. You're talking about going down a very slippery slope.

And, I could be wrong (doesn't really matter but...) I thought it was all about the mechanical functioning of a firearm, not the rate of fire. Which is why bump stocks and binary triggers got approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom