Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland

Notices

Old June 30th, 2017, 09:14 PM #31
boundlessdyad

boundlessdyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
North of 108 and west of 29, there is an county ordinance that you walk around with your nose in the air and talk down to those who make less than $250,000.

Also, the "I love Goodwill" on your Lexus is a requirement.
Ha ha
boundlessdyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 09:23 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
I'm just curious at what dollar figure of gross family income you start finding people unsuitable as neighbors?
Well, the average household income in my area is $176k, so we can start with that as an average, but there is obviously a +/- to it.

https://www.incomebyzipcode.com/maryland/21794

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Friendship,_Maryland

Let's not kid ourselves. Most people move into the nicest area and nicest home they can afford, but not all. Most people do not want to see HUD homes put in right next to their $800k house, or low rent apartments, Section 8, etc. just so they can commingle with the poor. They definitely do not want a crack house right next door either. Do you think Warren Buffet and Bill Gates live in the projects? They have so much land that their neighbors are probably in a different zip code.

Now, there is a difference between neighbors and friends. I'm friends with people all along the economic spectrum. Meanwhile, I'm not friends with some of my neighbors. lol

Then, think about foreclosures. Having a couple of those in the neighborhood surely doesn't help with property values.

Hopefully, that is enough for you to get through your bag of popcorn.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 09:50 PM #33
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsroman View Post
Well, the average household income in my area is $176k, so we can start with that as an average, but there is obviously a +/- to it.
The average household income in my area is $256k.

Do you think it would be safe for my snotty nose brats to go to school with your snotty nose brats?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

There are plenty of hard working people with good values who live east of 29 (or wherever your DMZ line is defining people of the east). To say that all of them are unworthy of sitting at the lunch table with Fabs Jr. is silly.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 09:56 PM #34
These are not your droids

Just so we are clear: None of your snotty entitled brats are allowed to smoke weed with my snotty entitled brats in the Pot Lot behind River Hill.
"More importantly, where a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention. Permitting such a justification would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals in those states."

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions...d/115084.p.pdf
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:08 PM #35
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:

Do you think it would be safe for my snotty nose brats to go to school with your snotty nose brats?

There are plenty of hard working people with good values who live east of 29 (or wherever your DMZ line is defining people of the east). To say that all of them are unworthy of sitting at the lunch table with Fabs Jr. is silly.

Plenty of affluence in the east part of the county, it's just more pocketed. Our zip code has an average household income of $120K but it also is primarily an AACo zip code that happens to duck into very far east HoCo.

I would guess that the average household income on our court is over $200K.

Plenty of affluent neighborhoods off Montgomery Rd just west of 95 as well.
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:09 PM #36
don't drop Aboma on me

don't drop Aboma on me

The three communities with Police Substations, Wilde Lake, Oakland Mills, and Long Reach. Hmmm, I wonder if that is random....
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:12 PM #37
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
The three communities with Police Substations, Wilde Lake, Oakland Mills, and Long Reach. Hmmm, I wonder if that is random....

I'm sure it's only due to the fact that HoCo PD got some good deals on rent in the local Village Centers.....
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:22 PM #38

Those are not the only "community police" substations. There's one on Owen Brown, and one in Ellicot City too.

The perennial question in Howard County- If the kids in Clarksville buy their drugs from the kids in Oakland Mills, where do you put the community police substation.
"More importantly, where a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention. Permitting such a justification would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals in those states."

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions...d/115084.p.pdf
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:40 PM #39

Quote:

What are you in, the 20777 zip code? If so, median household income using the Census data that I used for my zip code is $194,825. If I have the wrong zip code, let me know which is the right one and I'll see if I can come up with that $256k. When comparing snot to snot, we should be comparing apples to apples.

https://www.incomebyzipcode.com/maryland/20777

So, your snotty kids can share a table with my snotty kids anytime.

You want to hear some irony. Yes, labeling the east side as I do is kind of like labeling Baltimore City the way so many people on here do. As though there isn't a single hard working person with good values in Baltimore City.

Kind of like labeling a bunch of people with Hispanic names caught fishing illegally by a bridge as "illegals immigrants" without knowing a single thing about them other than an Hispanic name. Nah, not a single one of them could be a hard working person with good values that just screwed up for the first time in their life. Oh, the irony is hilarious, and downright silly for sure. The Board of Accountancy and the Md Bar treat DNR violations like traffic citations as long as they are not too egregious or too frequent.

So, why did you buy on the west side? Because the schools are better? Because the crime is lower? Because the neighborhood is nicer? Because the yard is bigger? Just take a look at school ratings between the two different areas. Any idea where the 6 model elementary schools are located? They are newer construction with an interactive projector in every room. Well, they are on the east side.

Yes, I have friends on the east side, and they are hard working and with good values, and if they could afford to move they would. Sadly, I do not believe they are the majority. Just like I believe some of said type can be found in Baltimore City, but they are not the majority either.

There has been plenty of talk about closing the education gap. To me, it sounds like no kid left behind. We all know that genetics plays a part in intelligence. Not necessary education, but intelligence. So, are we closing the education gap by holding the more intelligent kids back or by having all the kids excel to their fullest.

As far as I am concerned, the motto should be, "We are getting your kid to be all that your kid can be, just like a US Marine."

If I recall correctly, your kids are out of the school system. I have another 18 years in this school system IF we stay here. I just spent 3 years being heavily involved with the school system. Wonder if you would feel as though this is "silly" if you were as involved with the school system as I have been.

Equity? Every man is created equal? Great catch phrases. Then there is reality.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 12:07 AM #40

If the plan goes forward that was presented on the HoCo website, there are going to be some majorly pi$$ed off people just north of Rt100 around Rockburn. They are going to be moved to the Long Reach high school instead of Howard High. Those are some pretty nice houses and neighborhoods that are going to be moving to the "slum" of Columbia.

Unfortunately for me, we will always be in the Long Reach HS area. We knew this when we bought our house and plan to move before our son hits middle school.
GolfR is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland