• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Great topic. I'm interested in what everyone is thinking

Currently, for me:
    If I have no time to plan, my "grab and go" is a keltec sub2000 9mm and an undisclosed number of loaded glock 30 round mags in a discreet bag.

Cz-75 p-01 9mm as a sidearm.

Spare boxes of 9 mm in the backpack.

If I did have time to plan, id most likely have a different setup ( ar and/or ak in the equation, 15-22 carried by wife or a kid ).

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    M1A.all the Way

since everyone nowadays is packing an Ar or AK... the ability to outrange others is a definite advantage. The ability to turn cover in concealment is also an added bonus.This advantage is almost like cheating. but In a gunfight... one must win, even if one has to cheat.

:thumbsup:
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Problem for many where they live is there isn't going to be a clear line of sight for 2-300 yards out so if you are hunkering down what are your chances of engaging from that distance? If I was living out in isolation with 5+ acres I would be concerned more with long range ability, but I think unless shooting through cover an AR-15 would suffice for most.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    just by observing gangsta types at the range... most lose initiative when someone with a big bore ( bigger gun) is shooting beside them. Someone shooting a bigbore accurately teaches them the fear of God instantly. For some reason, the bigger gun gives the defender psychological advantage. Why not take time to mentally fornicate with your adversary?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This is true, we should invite Inigoes to MG more often, might get some of the undesireables to bug out... :innocent0

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    SCAR's in PG county - he needs the superior firepower the M1A is bringing... ;)

:lol2:

You said it....

Scar's HD guns

CCW= Glock 26 or Glock 32
    Nightstand= Kimber 1911 tactical and a PS90 SBR
    If I have to time to open up the safe= Colt LE6920, RDO, beta C
    If I'm gearing up for retaliation... M1A EBR with a 1-4x scope, Glock 34
    Zombies or Alien Invasion= anything with a happy switch plus plenty of loaded mags.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I think one the best calibers is going to be .22cal. Just think about it for a minute. Yes an AR or AK or M1 is a kick ass rifle but how much ammo do you have or are you going to get in a hurry. I have a thousand rounds of 9mm and it is heavy. A thousand rounds of .22 is what, maybe 3 pounds? The .22 is going to reach 300yds and penetrate. No it won't knock the bad guy or zombie on his ass at that distance but they won't be having a good day. Plus every North American game animal has been taken down at some time with a .22. Just something to think about.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And this why if SHTF I'm following Al to SCAR's house, which will be a lay-over on the way to Inigoes' place. :D

Oh, Al did a somewhat decent smiley at 100 with his 10/22 - he asked me to send you the pic.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That's a good thought but you also have to think what you can carry when you can move. Who wants to be stuck here.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I want my SHTF Rifle to have the following characteristics:

1. Reliability. Has to work reliably.
    2. Common caliber, for ammo availability.
    3. I don't like the term "knockdown power" but it has to be a major caliber that has a decent track record for putting things down.
    4. Parts availability. Need to be able to find stuff.

Therefore I choose an AR platform in 5.56.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Shooting besides Inigoes can give anyone a serious case of Inferiority complex. You know he's effin with our minds.... I think he used to be in Psy-Ops. Hmmmmm?

It'd probably bring out my somewhat subdued inner-redneck - I have a feeling "Hey, watch this!!" would be said while trying to fire some of his stuff... :D

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The question is.. What rifle can one use that will out perform the AR/AK in SHTF?

since almost everyone is packing the AR/AK nowadays... That's like fighting fair. bad tactics in itself.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hmm, well if packing an AR is a fair-fight, then may just have to go 'double-body' then SCAR - I have a very good memory, and have put thought into what was discussed before with Al. :innocent0

That and it's not a fair-fight if your trained/training, and the other guy isn't. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Hmm, well if packing an AR is a fair-fight, then may just have to go 'double-body' then SCAR - I have a very good memory, and have put thought into what was discussed before with Al. :innocent0

That and it's not a fair-fight if your trained/training, and the other guy isn't. ;)

I wonder how many DVDs magpul sold ( Art of carbine)? You know, most AR fanboys consider this as bonafide training. How many times have you seen guys at MG with the mapul-operator look ( including sunglasses and beard ala Chris Costa) that cant hit a B27 target at 15 yards. They also shoot facing the enemy... without body armor or sapi plates.

you know who scares me? going up against someone like Edshell with a boltgun in an open area.... I wont even run, I'll just die tired

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I wonder how many DVDs magpul sold ( Art of carbine)? You know, most AR fanboys consider this as bonafide training.

:lol: :lol2:

Never seen one..., I get my practice in with former jar-heads when I'm up around Jessup, but don't get to live-fire till I'm back home. :sad20:

EDIT: Although I still don't consider myself trained by any means, but compared to ghetto fabulous running around, I like my odds.

Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    :lol: :lol2:

Never seen one..., I get my practice in with former jar-heads when I'm up around Jessup, but don't get to live-fire till I'm back home. :sad20:

EDIT: Although I still don't consider myself trained by any means, but compared to ghetto fabulous running around, I like my odds.

I have seen you shoot. I consider you trained

also considering the time you and Al spend at the grove, you have more rangetime than most retired special forces dudes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom