• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I posted this in the shotgun section. But I now realize this may be the better place to ask.

Anyone familiar with this shotgun? It's a semi auto. Curious if there's a shell stop or a tension arm? Looking at a friend's later to see why the shells are flying out of the tube instead of staying loaded. My first thought was a gummed up shell stop but I can't seem to find a diagram(or much info at all) that shows a shell stop. Thanks

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Are you sure that everything is installed correctly? I've heard of shotguns having this problem and a part was placed in backwards or in the incorrect order. Check this and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Are you sure that everything is installed correctly? I've heard of shotguns having this problem and a part was placed in backwards or in the incorrect order. Check this and see what happens.

Good Luck!

I haven't looked yet. I will be checking it out tonight. Hopefully it's something that simple. It was recently cleaned up by a relative of the friend before being given to him, and considering the relative's history I would imagine everything would be together properly. But I will definitely check it out

So disassembled the gun. when the mag spring is out, the shell stop pops out like it's supposed to. The tension of the return spring and damper spring on the follower is so strong that it's actually pushing the follower out too far. It gets in the way of the shell stop, and catches the lip of the shell when it exits the tube in the process of chambering the next round. The follower is already difficult enough to push in by hand without the mag spring and piston holding it even tighter. So gonna have to get the mag tube out, remove the return spring and damper spring. I have a funny feeling the wrong spring was used as the return spring. Ordering all springs then revisiting the issue.

If anyone has any tricks for removing the mag tube, I'm all ears.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    The mag tube is not really designed to be routinely removed from the receiver. It's a press-fit. The way to knock it out is to place the end cap on the tube and use a hard plastic mallet to tap the tube about an inch into the receiver. Once it's knocked into receiver, you remove a Nylon keeper ring from the outside of the tube, and then pull the tube forward out of the receiver. It is not easy to do. Getting it all back together is even more difficult. I don't recommend it.

The mag tube is not really designed to be routinely removed from the receiver. It's a press-fit. The way to knock it out is to place the end cap on the tube and use a hard plastic mallet to tap the tube about an inch into the receiver. Once it's knocked into receiver, you remove a Nylon keeper ring from the outside of the tube, and then pull the tube forward out of the receiver. It is not easy to do. Getting it all back together is even more difficult. I don't recommend it.

Yeah I figured the tube isn't "meant" to be removed. But there is something wrong in there. The plug is being pushed out so far that it's getting stuck in the mag throat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom