CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, they are. We can no longer technically purchase handguns because by law there is an 8 day wait, and we need a HQL to pick up after October 1.

That was his question. My statement was regarding the current suit in regard to the ban and magazine capacity. Also without re-starting the entire debacle from yesterday, you can purchase up to 9/30 without the HQL.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    To everyone biitching about NRA this, or MSI that, why not just STFU and write a check/make a donation.

Whether named in the suit or not, all the groups are on our side, so if YOU'RE not with us, your against us.

rant off.

This.

We have to accept less than ideal organization, less than ideal candidates and less than idea conduct from some of our allies.

If we adopt the holier than thou attitude of some, we will take on these challenges as individuals. We have seen where individual activity has gotten us in recent elections.

We all have to grow up and recognize the world is not a perfect place, and does not spin in response to our wishes.

You find the best option and support it.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I find this part even more interesting:
    Gansler sent a 25-page letter to Gov. Martin O'Malley in May laying out the legal defense for the constitutionality of the law.

"Senate Bill 281 was crafted carefully to balance the rights of legitimate gun owners with the need for increased public and law enforcement safety from gun violence," Gansler wrote. "We are confident that the resulting legislation is constitutional and legally defensible."

SAlford

private citizen
    Oct 15, 2012
    Fairfax, VA
    While the NRA is not a named party to this suit, we are supporting the citizens of Maryland in this, and all future, defenses of their Second Amendment rights in every way we can :)

Anyone wishing to make contributions to NRA-ILA, can designate their check as directed to "Maryland Litigation".

Mr H

Banana'd
    I find this part even more interesting:

Saw that too, but I couldn't type for laughing so hard.

SB281 was never "written".

From the beginning, I described it as a mish-mash of the 1994 AWB, some CA law picked up and dropped in, and a bunch of feel good claptrap, little of which meshed at all with existing MD law.

The rest was our side forcing them to scrap and replace sections wholesale, then any "writing" was actually done in the back room to put the resulting jigsaw into legislative language. And it still sucks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That was his question. My statement was regarding the current suit in regard to the ban and magazine capacity. Also without re-starting the entire debacle from yesterday, you can purchase up to 9/30 without the HQL.

Not by SB281. The law says that you need a HQL to pick up after 10/1. MSP cannot re-write the law. They say they are willing to ignore it. Great. It is still technically illegal.

Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    The gun rights advocates, who include individual citizens, organizations and gun shops, say the Second Amendment and case law make it clear that they are legally allowed to own military-style assault rifles...

I didn't see that language in the suit...

The media can't resist putting words in someone else's mouth to keep to the narrative. I know that it's too much to expect good reporting nowadays, but it still makes me mad.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    While the NRA is not a named party to this suit, we are supporting the citizens of Maryland in this, and all future, defenses of their Second Amendment rights in every way we can :)

Anyone wishing to make contributions to NRA-ILA, can designate their check as directed to "Maryland Litigation".

Thank you for all you do! :thumbsup:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Speaking just for myself, I was told this would not be a John Doe filing and my name would be released. Nothing to fear in this as its the right thing to do and isnt that the reason I own firearms? To protect myself and those in my home.

Thank you for stepping up to take a potential publicity hit, along with the other individuals and the named dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom