CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    OCCBrian said:
    2 different issues. I think it is safe to assume that HQL will be challenged separately.

You don't need training to buy long guns. This is the long gun suit.

The handgun suit is coming. You can have a number of lawsuits in play over different topics.

THANKS, sometimes the brain doesnt put 2 and 2 together so fast :)

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    You don't need training to buy long guns. This is the long gun suit.The handgun suit is coming. You can have a number of lawsuits in play over different topics.

This lawsuit also covers handguns see page 12 of 34, .28 iv, a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

This lawsuit covers all firearms.

I would suggest everyone take the time and read over the lawsuit. http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Lawsuit.pdf

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Riddle me this, Batman, if the NRA isn't involved in the lawsuit, how would they know this???

Who cares..... It was stated they were not a NAMED party to THIS lawsuit, not that they were not assisting. I am thinking this is just the first "SHOT" over the bow so to speak to dissolve this abomination of a law and we will be seeing more come in after the 1st actually gets here. I for one plan to apply for my HQL on 10/1 and 10,000 or more of us should do the same!!!

Mr H

Banana'd
    This lawsuit also covers handguns see page 12 of 34, .28 iv, a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

This lawsuit covers all firearms.

I would suggest everyone take the time and read over the lawsuit. http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/le...al_Lawsuit.pdf

Probably more accurate to call it the "banned firearm/magazine suit".

Then, the "handgun suit" might just be next.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I read the suit, there was nothing in there regarding the cost of the license, and the undue burdon for range/training/etc on individual. Will this be addressed in future suites (post Oct 1)

Buckle up friend. Just the very first mile of a very long ride. The pre-October 1 gun purchases have been made by many and most. Time now to open up the wallets to buy gas for the rides to the courts.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I think many are missing the subtlety of this particular angle if the suit. This filing is specifically aimed at:
    ADA implications if the bill (non standard magazines)
    Interstate commerce (banned rifles being a key income source for local FFL's)
    And a direct association of "common use" firearms as defined in Heller.

As others have mentioned, this is not the primary 2A suit, that one is sure to follow. Keep your shorts on, I predict within two months you'll need a spreadsheet to follow all of the different filings.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The pdf doesn't seem to be available from that above link. Can anyone post it here?

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    To everyone biitching about NRA this, or MSI that, why not just STFU and write a check/make a donation.

Whether named in the suit or not, all the groups are on our side, so if YOU'RE not with us, your against us.

rant off.

Exactly.

Some people need to chill out.

Isn't David Keene a Marylander? While not the NRA president anymore, I'm sure he won't let Maryland get away with this. At least not without a serious fight.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Off to AGC this morning with check in hand to help with litigation. Some things in life you just want to deliver personally. Best check I'll write all year! Freedom has never come cheap.

A heart felt THANK YOU to the folks on point with this!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I hope there are so many lawsuits that Frosh and OweMalley have to check into a mental health facility.

"Nurse Ratchett I want my cigarettes!!!!!!"

Eruby (below) beat me to it...............

"Thank you. Ahhh, Juicy Fruit."

Check being dropped off at Lou's this afternoon. :thumbsup:

To everyone biitching about NRA this, or MSI that, why not just STFU and write a check/make a donation.

Whether named in the suit or not, all the groups are on our side, so if YOU'RE not with us, your against us.

rant off.

You tell 'em eruby..............:D:thumbsup:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think many are missing the subtlety of this particular angle if the suit. This filing is specifically aimed at:

As others have mentioned, this is not the primary 2A suit, that one is sure to follow. Keep your shorts on, I predict within two months you'll need a spreadsheet to follow all of the different filings.

Thanks for mentioning Commerce... I meant to in an earlier post and didn't.

This has the makings of a huge deal.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

And equal protection, retired cops are the same as non-LEOs legally, but the law makes them a different class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom