• ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Back at post #75 ;

One of the members would post the PIA ( Md version of FOIA ) numbers periodically but don't recall seeing updates for a cpl months now . But at latest report, the number of outstanding W&C was right around 20K .

Added for context - 3-ish years ago , the number was aprox 12K .

And the numbers are broken down by occupation - there are many none LEO's

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well, almost none . There are a handful of retired/former LE who didn't fit under the fine print of LEOSA .

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    If you are caught carrying some how, not doing anything illegal, is this considered a felony? I know a few people who carry without a permit saying self defense is more important than any charges they may get.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you are caught carrying some how, not doing anything illegal, is this considered a felony? I know a few people who carry without a permit saying self defense is more important than any charges they may get.

Seriously? Carrying without a permit IS illegal. You’ll be hosed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Seriously? Carrying without a permit IS illegal. You’ll be hosed.

No, all you have to do is commit a crime while carrying illegally. They'll drop the gun charge for you to admit your guilt on the other crime. Then they will give you time served, pat you on the behind and send you out to play with your friends.

You must be a gang member associated with that which actually runs the city, for this to take place. A law abiding citizen will have the book thrown at them and will serve 15 extra years for illegally carrying a firearm.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No, all you have to do is commit a crime while carrying illegally. They'll drop the gun charge for you to admit your guilt on the other crime. Then they will give you time served, pat you on the behind and send you out to play with your friends.

You must be a gang member associated with that which actually runs the city, for this to take place. A law abiding citizen will have the book thrown at them and will serve 15 extra years for illegally carrying a firearm.

Truth.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If you are an otherwise law abiding, tax-paying, and contributing member of society and you are caught carrying without a permit, or even with a permit outside of your carry restrictions, they will CRUCIFY YOU!! You will be made an example to all others. There will be no leniency. There will be no bargaining. You will get the maximum sentence allowable by law, and maybe a few years extra just because.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    If you are an otherwise law abiding, tax-paying, and contributing member of society and you are caught carrying without a permit, or even with a permit outside of your carry restrictions, they will CRUCIFY YOU!! You will be made an example to all others. There will be no leniency. There will be no bargaining. You will get the maximum sentence allowable by law, and maybe a few years extra just because.

So it must be a felony then, I wasn't sure but always wondered. Certainly not worth the risk to me but it's all b.s., we are left defenseless against a growing number of threats!

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Interesting. A few weeks ago I read a FB post by another firearms training company and the employee stated that it was fairly easy to get a W&C permit in Maryland. He commented that his company could show the proper way to apply for it and get one issued. Needless to say a number of peeps didn't believe him.

Unless they’re offering a money back guarantee if you don’t get it, I call bs

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So it must be a felony then, I wasn't sure but always wondered. Certainly not worth the risk to me but it's all b.s., we are left defenseless against a growing number of threats!

No, doesn't have to be a felony to be a prohibitor. Might as well be though, as far as 2A goes, you loose the right - basically the only right you now can permenantly loose, now that reformed felons get the rest of their rights "restored"

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

It is not a felony but a misdemeanor. HOWEVER, in MD that misdemeanor will now make you a prohibited person for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

It's not a felony, it's a misdemeanor. However, the sentencing guidelines for that misdemeanor now mean that it's a prohibiting crime (i.e. you loose your gun rights for life).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's a three year misdemeanor. The 3yr potential sentence makes you a Prohibited Person under Federal law .

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I was in Free America today, delivering some Christmas presents to neighbors in the Mountain State. I woke one of our WV neighbors up from a nap when I knocked on his door. He saw it was me and opened the door while still half putting on his pants. He had a 9mm holstered on his belt, and I asked him if he was enjoying Constitutional Carry. He said he definitely was and now carries everywhere. I told him that I carried while at our WV cabin but how much I wish I could do that at home. He asked me a semi serious question then and said "what would happen if I just forgot I was carrying and wound up over the state line in MD"? Without missing a beat I said they will throw you in jail without thinking twice about it and you would loose your gun rights permanently.

"Even if was an honest mistake?"

To which I laughed and recommended that he stay on the west side of the boarder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom