• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Plan on purchasing a firearm from a member of this forum. Log into the MDSP 77r Lic Portal and it required the sellers personal info, of course along with mine. Assumed his info would be entered at the MDSP Barracks vs me entering his personal info.

Confused on the procedure, any words of wisdom?

Thanks

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    No, you have to enter it.... for you and the other person....msp only confirms ids, gun serial #....and then you pay 10.00 via credit card

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    No, you have to enter it.... for you and the other person....msp only confirms ids, gun serial #....and then you pay 10.00 via credit card

So the seller supplies his personal info (DR #, SSN, address etc) to the buyer??? just doesn't make sense. Along with the serial number?

Since this went into effect, I only purchased from a FFL, didn't realize seller had to supply all that info to the buyer.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Yep, that's the way I've done it 3 times, I don't know of another way. The app has the be submitted, and then given the ok before you guys can go to the barracks....it's a pain, but it's much faster than the paperwork way we used it do it. I certainly understand those involved with privacy concerns.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I believe the SSN is optional on 77R. I've never given that, ever, and no problems ever. Won't say how many times total, but more than 20x this year so far, without giving SSN. Private sale may be different tho.

Bigge2511

Nov 17, 2018
    77r question

I filled out the HQL. I am exempt from the training as I already own a regulated firearm prior to the rules starting. I’m assuming I now have to wait to get my HQL number to finish my 77r? Any experience on how long it takes? I hand my live scan fingerprints done a few months ago. Any help would be appreciated

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I filled out the HQL. I am exempt from the training as I already own a regulated firearm prior to the rules starting. I’m assuming I now have to wait to get my HQL number to finish my 77r? Any experience on how long it takes? I hand my live scan fingerprints done a few months ago. Any help would be appreciated

You have to have a Livescan expressly for the HQL application.

If you haven't hit submit, you are looking at at least a few weeks, but generally less than a month.

JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    I was training exempt my wife had to do training her turnaround was a week where mine was about 2
    some shops will let you email application and pin number and start your application (7 day wait) without you ever being there

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    If you do a transfer at the State Police Barracks, they have Wi-Fi, take a tablet or lap top and log onto your MSP Portal account and then let the seller enter their info and you will get an pin and application number email in a few minutes. Just give the desk officer the app & pin numbers and they will do the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom