• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    It's a bit early to panic. No one has ever come to my door telling me to give up my firearms. Every time since 2000 when I got into target shooting and wanted to buy a firearm, I was able to buy the firearm of my choice, and that pretty much includes every type. What I got from the last "Big Panic" was outrageously expensive ammo and shortages of it, but the manufacturers weren't making less of it...it was being scooped up by panic hoarders. I'm annoyed but nothing more by the "wait period" for buying a sidearm in Maryland, but not annoyed enough to think the world is ending. Plus, the silliness of Maryland's gun laws leaves lots of loopholes. Want an AR-15? Get one with an HBAR. Want a bigger bang? Buy an AR-10. Can't deal with the 10-round mags? Drive over to Virginia, buy what you want and legally bring 'em back and use 'em. Yeah, I know, some folks are inconvenienced and I appreciate that. But it isn't time to panic.

These "inconveniences" are infringements on our birthrights as free men.

Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Still not actually panic buying, at least by my definition as that would be illustrated by me walking into my LGS, slamming money on the counter and yelling “more guns”. I have however purchased some things now while they are on sale and have rebates in case there is a mad rush for things in the future.

I picked up a Hornady progressive press since it was $100 less while on sale at Brownells compared to everywhere else. Also picked up all the accessories, and dies for 9mm and 6.5 Creedmoor. Need to pickup .223, Grendel, and 300 Blackout dies as well as consumables come Black Friday. With the bullet rebates on the press and dies I’ll have 1000 bullets coming for the cost of S+H.

I need to find some LPK’s, upper receivers, and buffer tube kits to have on hand but I needed all of them prior to the elections any way.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Talking to various people I am finding they want to panic buy but are concerned that what they purchase will be outlawed like triggers and bump stocks have been and believe semi autos are next.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's a bit early to panic. No one has ever come to my door telling me to give up my firearms. Every time since 2000 when I got into target shooting and wanted to buy a firearm, I was able to buy the firearm of my choice, and that pretty much includes every type. What I got from the last "Big Panic" was outrageously expensive ammo and shortages of it, but the manufacturers weren't making less of it...it was being scooped up by panic hoarders. I'm annoyed but nothing more by the "wait period" for buying a sidearm in Maryland, but not annoyed enough to think the world is ending. Plus, the silliness of Maryland's gun laws leaves lots of loopholes. Want an AR-15? Get one with an HBAR. Want a bigger bang? Buy an AR-10. Can't deal with the 10-round mags? Drive over to Virginia, buy what you want and legally bring 'em back and use 'em. Yeah, I know, some folks are inconvenienced and I appreciate that. But it isn't time to panic.

I don't think so Carl.....

Try to buy an M1A or any number of firearms that are on the prohibited list. We have been under attack since 1986. And to think this all started with what was called the Saturday Night Special ban.

You say I can buy an HBAR if I want an AR15. Please tell me what the difference is between an M4 and an HBAR barreled rifle? Why can't I install a detachable mag on my SKS, is there really that much of a difference?

Then lets look at the folks who have grandfathered firearms. Sure, they can keep them, but to sell them, they have to sell out of state. That's not a infringement? I can keep going. ANY infringement is 1 too many.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    No need to panic buy. MD is a sinking ship with a 4 year shelf life. In 4 years, Hogan will be out, most likely a Democrat will take his place, and MD will be a full on blue super majority. The writing is on the walls. If you are not intelligent enough to have a 4 year exit strategy you deserve everything you get.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nah, no panic buying here. I need a Beretta 1301 Tactical and some more AR mags, and that's about it. Never thought I'd reach the day when I was running out of stuff I wanted, but here we are.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Nothing I must have right now. More ammo would be nice. Prices have been pretty good recently.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    I need to buy a bigger safe for all the panic guns and ammo I will be buying over the next few months to go with the other safe with the stuff from the last panic buying :D

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nothing I must have right now. More ammo would be nice. Prices have been pretty good recently.
    Same here. I boxed in my bucket list back in 2002 when Ehrlich was running against that left wing cvnt KK Townsend. I didn't think Ehrlich had a prayer, and melted plastic while "panic buying" my life list. As it turned out, I was 10 years off.

No need to panic buy. MD is a sinking ship with a 4 year shelf life. In 4 years, Hogan will be out, most likely a Democrat will take his place, and MD will be a full on blue super majority. The writing is on the walls. If you are not intelligent enough to have a 4 year exit strategy you deserve everything you get.
    That's when the real panic buying will start...
    :mad54:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

My wife will have retired by that time and we'll be off to Free America. The People's Republic will be in the rear view mirror.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    No panic just controlled purchasing over the last several years.:innocent0 Panic is when they come for them. That's when a proper choice has to be made.:cool16:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    The People's Republic will be in the rear view mirror.

I cannot wait for this to be true for me. Max seven years when youngest graduates high school. Depending on what the gun grabbers start in four years when froshole is governor and same day registration always guarantees enough illegals to vote the every office everywhere blue, I'll be out earlier and the kid is on his own with his mother.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I already have about a dozen AR- and M4 platform rifles and carbines plus other type long guns now and more handguns than I could ever hope to need...plus sufficient ammunition for all. I'm not concerned about any possible panic buying. If that should happen I could certainly sell some of what I have for a handsome profit. Even in a panic situation there are always opportunities. But realistically, after the market several years ago anyone who wants an AR of any type already has one. I can't see a panic situation anything like the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom