• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Took the Sig Sauer 522 compact carbine to the range today. Nobody was there; it was quiet.

Until I started emptying magazines, that is =o)

The Sig is a real peach of a rifle. It's not a one-hole shooter, but it's not designed to be. Instead, it's a dead-reliable 22LR semi auto that will cycle any ammo you feed it, and it shoots 1" groups at 50 yards from a bench rest. Good enough for this geezer with bad eyes.

It has very little felt recoil (the aluminum upper adds mass), and multiple follow-up shots are easy to keep on target. The engineers at Sig really got the design right on this one.

I've tried several sighting options on this over time (open sights, scopes, red-dot tubes, and holo sights). I've settled on the holo sight.

It's an Ultradot Pan AV with four reticles. There's a dot, a cross hair, a crossed circle, and a dotted circle. I prefer the single 3-MOA dot. Perfect for run-n-gun, and plinking steel plates and making 'em ring. And since it sits low on the bore axis (no tall mounting rings), it works great in close and out past 150 yards.

I like big calibers too, but for real all-day fun (about 1000 rounds today), a sweet-shooting 22 is really a nice option. :bannana:

Attachments

• SigSauer522 at the range.jpg
      SigSauer522 at the range.jpg
      106.3 KB · Views: 248

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I love mine. Had an issue with the bolt and spring/rod and contacted sig and they sent the parts right out to me.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    VWTurbo, I read they were having problems with the little retaining clips staying on the recoil spring rod. No issues yet with this one.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Yep, that is what happened. They apparently are very aware of the issue and didn't even ask for my serial number, he just shipped me the parts.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Sorry to bring up an old thread...

I have one of these and it shoots very nice. I am looking for a factory rear sight for sale. Any Ideas?

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Best bet would be to contact Sig Sauer customer service if the part is not listed in their catalog. They still make this rifle, so I'm sure the part is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom