• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    you realize these 2 knckleheads have probably never heard gun with a silencer. then they would know that its't like the movies where it is perfectly quiet. unless u are using sub 22lr or sub 300aac. so their bill has a veeeery narrow scope.

With my .22 the loudest thing is the hammer hitting the firing pin.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    BTW, this has no grandfather clause. Mandatory confiscation of the silencers, with a buyback program.

https://www.menendez.senate.gov/new...un-safety-legislation-to-outlaw-gun-silencers

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.-12) today reintroduced the Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act, federal gun safety legislation to ban the importation, sale, manufacturing, transfer and possession of gun silencers or suppressors.

Text of the bill:
    https://www.menendez.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/hear_act.pdf

I'd support a bill to make "grandfather clauses" in any new bills illegal.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I'd support banning "Fairy Godfathers"

I'd support a bill to make "grandfather clauses" in any new bills illegal.

Attachments

• fairy.JPG
      fairy.JPG
      29.4 KB · Views: 331

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    You wouldn’t be allowed to import it though since they are regulated here and you would be in possession of a felony if you did t have a tax stamp for it.

I don't think he meant bring it back, just pick one up for shooting while there, maybe.

I work with a lot of foreign contractors, it's pretty common for people to go hunting in Europe, buy or rent a suppressor to use while there are there, then sell it back used. (No intention of bringing it back.)

Some countries consider it rude to shoot without a suppressor. One Kiwi, in particular, was pissed when he came to the US and no one would lend him a Suppressor - then we explained the laws here. He could comprehend why the US is all about letting civilians buy and carry guns, but is so anti suppressor.

I'd support banning "Fairy Godfathers"

That's one for the nightmare bank.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    They really are just trying everything aren't they? Ridiculous. I can think of 2 times someone used a suppressor for a 'mass shooting' in the past what...25 years? Looks like this is really gonna solve...something. Somehow. Or not.

Yep, they just throw crap against the wall and see what sticks.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    When I saw the name of the proposed act (HEAR - Help Empower Americans to React), I thought, finally, constitutional carry! Then I saw the clown names that authored it and my hopes were dashed. Bunch of turds intent on gaining absolute control of the country by promoting fear to the masses.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One forum member brought his suppressed 300bo to a build party several years ago. It was amazingly quiet.

They can be silly. .300 BO with gas cut off entirely or bolt gun is very nice.

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    And here I thought "shall not be infringed" was pretty frickin clear.

We need a true gun control law as follows. "Anyone who introduces or co-sponsors or votes for any legislation, either as a stand alone bill or an amendment, that restricts firearms, ammunition, accessories, parts is automatically guilty of treason and hereby sentenced immediately to death by hanging"

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    They're throwing mud against the wall to see what sticks and gets through. Throw enough and the GOP will accept at least some of it rather than hold firm against it all.

I'm tired of the GOP "standing it's ground". Its time to go on the offensive, repeal these stupid law and get rid of useless agencies. Let the Dems pull their hair out and call us all types of names, I don't give a fudge! :mad54:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm tired of the GOP "standing it's ground". Its time to go on the offensive, repeal these stupid law and get rid of useless agencies. Let the Dems pull their hair out and call us all types of names, I don't give a fudge! :mad54:

There is a lot of that at the state level where there is the ability to do it. But while Pelosi runs the house and we have Schumer running the senate (to say nothing of having less than 60 seats, plus a president willing to sign those bills), it's not going to happen. It's literally impossible. While we hope for that turn of events, the fight is at the state level, and in the courts. Trump's 300 new conservative federal judges will take a while to be really felt on this sort of thing - these things take years to play out - but it will help, some.

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    Dems into silencer ban

Its funny, the Dems call their aggressive anti-SILENCER (aka anti-suppressor) anti-firearm, the HEAR act ...

Truth be told, the main reason hunters and LEOs use suppressors is to SAVE THEIR HEARING, not to hide their shot

Are suppressors used by the curent-day gun-criminal?
    NO - THEY USE DISPOSABLE PLASTIC SODA BOTTLES

Do criminals use suppressors to commit crimes?
    NO - THEY DO NOT CARE IF SOMEONE HEARS THEM SHOOT

Do suppressors support or aid criminals wielding firearms in the USA?
    NO - CRIMINALS DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY USING A SUPPRESSOR

In addition -- now in 2021 -- since all liberal, anti-police, pro-criminal jurisdictions go,
    CRIMINALS DON'T WASTE TIME FINDING/USING A SUPPRESSOR TO COMMIT A CRIME --
    THEY ARE TO ARROGANT TO WORRY ABOUT IT, and PLASTIC SODA BOTTLES are readily available ...

This proposed bill by Democrat anti-American liberal "Menendez" is just another effort to inhibit lawful gun owners from their 2A rights.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this just got under my skin and I had to post -- and I don't even own a suppressor.

Regards, 10mm

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    There is a lot of that at the state level where there is the ability to do it. But while Pelosi runs the house and we have Schumer running the senate (to say nothing of having less than 60 seats, plus a president willing to sign those bills), it's not going to happen. It's literally impossible. While we hope for that turn of events, the fight is at the state level, and in the courts. Trump's 300 new conservative federal judges will take a while to be really felt on this sort of thing - these things take years to play out - but it will help, some.

The filibuster is on very thin ice right now: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-democrats-dc-statehood-senate-filibuster

Once the commies get that removed, their take-over of Amerika will move forward at warp speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom