• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Actually, I always thought the cancer drove him harder... we are all on a limited clock, but when you actually hear it ticking, it can spur men of action, like Jeff, to get a move on to accomplish their goals while they can. He clearly wants to make an impact and I think he us doing just that.

A good reminder to us all... Tempus fugit. Momento mori.

I agree with you :thumbsup:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Sad to see this.

In speaking for myself, it’s become significantly more difficult here on MDS to see content through contention. I don’t think I’m alone in that thought, but I’m fine with it if I am. I also don’t think Norton wanted this turn of events. One man’s opinion.

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Sad and detrimental, but mod's discretion. The rules are pretty clear and easy to find.

I've done my fair share of forum modding. If you allow any members, no matter how popular or special or important, to run roughshod, you're fvcked.

Trust in the mods, it's a thankless but very necessary job. To those who can't, bye Felicia.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Actually, I always thought the cancer drove him harder... we are all on a limited clock, but when you actually hear it ticking, it can spur men of action, like Jeff, to get a move on to accomplish their goals while they can. He clearly wants to make an impact and I think he us doing just that.

A good reminder to us all... Tempus fugit. Momento mori.

As I've watched the drama unfold, my thoughts echo your thoughts.

Some hearing the countdown clock clicking are prone to riskier behavior. Like getting yourself arrested, tossed out of the MGA or banned from a forum.

Good luck to Jeff and hats off to Norton on making what was most likely a tough decision.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    Racks last 5 posts are still up so I wonder what happened?

I'm still fairly new--can people be banned for PM content if the PM is forwarded to mods?
    Not pontificating or making any assumptions, just curious.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is a privately owned forum. You have no 1A “rights” here. So it’s based on Mods discretion based on nature of PM. Threats are not tolerated

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    EXACTLY my thoughts. I dont know what happened, I do know PP is doing good things, also know that MDS is Nortons game, so his rules.

I wish Jeff the best of luck, kick cancer's ass, keep fighting for your life, and the rights of MD residents!

That's the mark that a lot of you guys constantly miss - it's not mine. It's ours. I literally take nothing away from here in terms of material compensation, nor am I the owner.

The rules here are designed to ensure that everyone's voices are heard and to ensure that what we do serves the larger function of the forum. And, this community was always meant to bring gun owners together, not drive them apart.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yeah, not surprised. He has smacked me down once quite harshly but in a PM and over something goofy enough to now laugh about, dude's got a lot going on! I would like to see PP market themselves more given this, I believe they could grow nationally. Reminds me of my first MDS lunch probably dozen of us including Fabs and Rack , all good conversation but I was worried they would kick us out for having such a good time. Korean BBQ? So, ... I think he'll be back.

Norton, your just doing your job and a good job at that, Thanks for helping to make this one of the best Firearms forums on the interweb!

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    I'm out. I'll fight the 2A issues without MDS.

I'm kinda with you Outlaw.

It's a real shame and ironic that Rack got a big 1A win yesterday in Court, and gets a permaban on MDS!

"But I'm offended, I'm offended...".
    Sounds like what I hear on college campuses, and their Free Speech zones.

If you don't like what the PP is doing or saying, there's plenty of other threads to enjoy. Sheesh, it's like the old days with TV, just change the channel.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Agreed, just skip the thread.... no panties in a bunch... dont like it, dont keep reading that post. You are all adults.... sack up and stick together dammit

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I hit Norton's auto-sig "The Forum Rules" to re-read. It's abundantly clear what you can and can't do and the consequences. I admire Rack and the work he's done (and the rest of PP members). I've contributed a wee bit of my time to PP and made a contribution. That said, don't violate the rules, don't get banned.

I pray Rack beats back cancer for good.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I was happy to see him come back from camp yesterday, and I was sad to see that he went to a camp again this morning.

Regardless of what you may feel about R&R and his approach, it would be an impossible case to make that he doesn't love the United States of America as it was founded. I add "as it was founded", because if the forces who would destroy it succeed, they'll make any case they want on anyone. Rack knows that. Rack lives that.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm kinda with you Outlaw.

It's a real shame and ironic that Rack got a big 1A win yesterday in Court, and gets a permaban on MDS!

"But I'm offended, I'm offended...".
    Sounds like what I hear on college campuses, and their Free Speech zones.

If you don't like what the PP is doing or saying, there's plenty of other threads to enjoy. Sheesh, it's like the old days with TV, just change the channel.

No. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with stop being a passive aggressive, snide commenting ass.

PP, for all of the good work that it it has done, has done nothing more than Alinsky anyone here who dares not to worship with full fealty at the altar of St. Jeff.

Anyone who might just have something that canonically that they aren't onboard with is instantly swarmed by the faithful, abused by the leadership and marginalized as being a Fudd or worse. It's the classic identify, attack and paralyze tactic and you guys need to be afraid that it's being used against other gun owners.

It is absolutely destroying the very independence of thought that this community was always intended to represent.

Even after a one week vacation, within less than a couple of hours, the passive aggressive ******** starts back up. His nasty sniping infects nearly corner of every conversation here, and we know for a fact that he incites the faithful to follow suit.

On the other hand, we have the panty waisted people who simply don't like Jeff and they spend their entire lives scouring every punctuation mark of the PP, reporting posts and trying to use us as their enforcers for their personal problems. You're a bunch of asses too and just as big a part of the problem.

For those of you that are "OMG Jeff is gone, I'm gone too....." See ya. You're proving my point.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    That's the mark that a lot of you guys constantly miss - it's not mine. It's ours. I literally take nothing away from here in terms of material compensation, nor am I the owner.

The rules here are designed to ensure that everyone's voices are heard and to ensure that what we do serves the larger function of the forum. And, this community was always meant to bring gun owners together, not drive them apart.

That maybe didnt come across right, by "yours" I meant you are the "gate keeper" or whatever. Someone has to be the "head honco", the "enforcer", the "voice of reason" I didnt mean this as "Norton is taking his ball and going home" or anything like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom