• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Great so now the ATF has a list of everyone who potentially owns these devices in Maryland! Now when they move to ban them if there is no grandfathering clause we are royally screwed! As I stated before this was a bad idea to even attempt to register them. I sure hope that Trump is just giving the Dems the run around but it really doesn't look like it! I think he's going to seriously go through with this!
    :sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Great so now the ATF has a list of everyone who potentially owns these devices in Maryland! Now when they move to ban them if there is no grandfathering clause we are royally screwed! As I stated before this was a bad idea to even attempt to register them. I sure hope that Trump is just giving the Dems the run around but it really doesn't look like it! I think he's going to seriously go through with this!

I clearly mentioned gun oil in my cover letter and email. I'm afraid my gun oil is going to be banned. Nothing more.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

No, they do not as they do not keep a database of who the received pieces of mail from.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This law sucks. It is purposely vague.

If someone like Ben Jealous becomes Governor it will certainly be abused as we all fear.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    They respond to all the letters/requests. Do you really think they dont keep a copy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do you really think that MSI would not have asked the ATF if they did so, before advising everyone to submit the request?

Do you think MSI would have sent out the request form for everyone to send in, unless the ATF assured them that they do not keep a database?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It is against federal law to keep a data base. Isn’t it?

I don’t know what the atf “really “ does in respect to a data base but md by law can’t keep a data base and we found out during hearings for the Fsa that they do and didn’t mind telling us.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It is against federal law to keep a data base. Isn’t it?

The FOPA made it illegal for the federal government to keep any sort of registry which would link non-NFA firearms to their owners. However, since these devices are not firearms, there wouldn't be any law against the federal government keeping a database of owners of such devices.

md by law can’t keep a data base and we found out during hearings for the Fsa that they do and didn’t mind telling us.

Where in MD law is the state restricted from keeping a database of firearm ownership? As far as I know, they are not and have always been very open about the fact that they are keeping one for regulated firearms.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The FOPA made it illegal for the federal government to keep any sort of registry which would link non-NFA firearms to their owners. However, since these devices are not firearms, there wouldn't be any law against the federal government keeping a database of owners of such devices.

Where in MD law is the state restricted from keeping a database of firearm ownership? As far as I know, they are not and have always been very open about the fact that they are keeping one for regulated firearms.

It was brought up that they have a record of every gun , regulated or not, purchased in md that anyone purchased and filled out paperwork on

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It was brought up that they have a record of every gun , regulated or not, purchased in md that anyone purchased and filled out paperwork on

That is false.

There is literally no way for the state of MD to know about non-regulated gun purchases. They involve no state paperwork at all, and no contact with any state agency.

So unless the MSP or someone is going around to every gun store in the state and making copies of all of the 4473s that the FFL keeps, it's just impossible. In fact, I don't even think that they'd have any legal ability to do that.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Today, via plain ol' USPS postal mail, I received a hardcopy of the ATF's usual boilerplate about the MD law (right off the web site), and: MY ORIGINAL SIGNED LETTER, returned to me with a nice big red stamped "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION" on it. Which reminds me of a notable bar outing in college, but that's another story.

Attachments

• batfe_response.jpg
      batfe_response.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 222

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Today, via plain ol' USPS postal mail, I received a hardcopy of the ATF's usual boilerplate about the MD law (right off the web site), and: MY ORIGINAL SIGNED LETTER, returned to me with a nice big red stamped "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION" on it. Which reminds me of a notable bar outing in college, but that's another story.
    :lol2:

Thanks for reporting back :thumbsup:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

I have not received one yet, but its pretty solid proof you "applied."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom