What is the most chicken$#$% reason for a ticket?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    If the dealer installed it, I would go back and get the money for the ticket from them. I doubt that would work thought, so I would go to court for sure.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Warning ticket for 32 in a 30, northern Baltimore county country rd. 11:30 AM, no traffic. I could see the police car as approached for a 1/2 mile. The best part was when he asked me "do you have any idea how fast you were going?".

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If the dealer installed it, I would go back and get the money for the ticket from them. I doubt that would work thought, so I would go to court for sure.

Might want to at least let the dealer know it happened to prevent it happening to someone else. You may find out that you aren't the only one, which may help you in court. Maybe the officer has a grudge against that dealer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was rolling up 270 one Saturday morning going turkey hunting. As I came around a bend known as 'smoky hollow' doing 65 or so, I came upon a trooper sitting in the median strip. I saw his head go down (as to look at his radar reading), then pop back up and I knew he had me by his motions inside his cruiser as I went by. I, by then went over the hill and proceeded to pull over. By the time he came off the median, turned around to pursue me, I was waiting over the hill, on the shoulder. It was pouring rain so, as he came to a stop behind me on the shoulder, I jumped out of my truck L+R in hand, and climbed into his front seat, clad head to toe in camo. He asked me why I pulled over and I told him I knew he 'had me'. He wrote me a warning for excessive speed. Back then, they didn't give a lot of those out. Somone here said it was just as easy to talk yourself into a ticket as talk yourself out of one. Or something to that effect.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A real BS stop would be for an Easy Pass obscuring the windshield. I know some safety inspectors that used to make people scrape off their toll pass windshield stickers in the old days.

Tag frames ... ignorance of the law is no excuse, sorry guys

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    A real BS stop would be for an Easy Pass obscuring the windshield. I know some safety inspectors that used to make people scrape off their toll pass windshield stickers in the old days.

Tag frames ... ignorance of the law is no excuse, sorry guys

Generally I would agree bit in this case the law seems to be BS. His frame wasn't covering anything of consequence. If he as covering the "Maryland" at the top, either sticker, or any of the actual plate numbers I'd say it was completely deserved. For years the website wasn't even on there and presumably this wouldn't have been an issue.
    Poorly written law. Or at least ne that needs to be updated.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Not having reg. Complete ********!
    I've been pulled over and got hit with that $50 crap so many times.
    They go back to there car and can pull it up real time anyway so why in the hell do I need to carry a damn paper registration? I'll tell you why.... revenue.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    For several years my tag has been obscured by my "GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA" license plate cover, and my Gadsden snake sticker over the Maryland shield.
    I have never been harassed or ticketed for it but people don't tailgate me anymore for some reason...

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    A buddy of mine and I got pulled over on Cromwell Bridge road in my pickup truck back in high school, he was 20 I was 16. Had a case of empty Natty Boh cans rolling around in the bed as well as a few items in the cab that might have warranted a closer look(Bats and other could be "weapons"). After the officer ran our IDs and came back to the truck the only thing we got was a citation for insufficient tread on the front tires:lol2: still can't figure that one out other than just being let off with the least of the possible charges:thumbsup:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I got pulled over for not having my seatbelt on, when I had it on and he thought he didn't see my seatbelt on me in the dark. He walked up and said, "Do you know why.... Nevermind, sir. We are doing seatbelt enforcement and I couldn't see you were wearing one. My mistake, no warning or citation. May I see your DL and registration?".

I had gotten back in MD less than 16 hours before, after completing a 375 mile trip home. Felt great to be welcomed home by MSP... :sad20:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    LFOD DTOM

Attachments

• IMG_1334.JPG
      IMG_1334.JPG
      53.8 KB · Views: 379

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Take a pic, go to court, and you may be surprised how some judges react to their courtrooms being clogged by this BS. I saw one State Trooper politely dressed down by the judge for just such BS recently.

While some laws may seem BS, the fact is, they are on the books and allowed and expected to be enforced by law enforcement.

It is not a judge's job to opinionize the law. He/She should uphold the law and rule unbiasedly and decide whether probable cause existed to allow the enforcement.

If He/She disagrees with a charge or law they can simply waive the fines and costs and go onto to the next case. Sadly to many of them think their shit don't stink.

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    On the way home from work, backass country road, popped over a little knol and there was radar. Guy flags me down, now he's standing next to my window, thumping his radar gun against the palm of his hand. "Must be something wrong with this gun, I know you were speeding, I could tell by the sound." Ended up writing me a repair order for noisy mufflers. What a dork.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    While some laws may seem BS, the fact is, they are on the books and allowed and expected to be enforced by law enforcement.

It is not a judge's job to opinionize the law. He/She should uphold the law and rule unbiasedly and decide whether probable cause existed to allow the enforcement.

If He/She disagrees with a charge or law they can simply waive the fines and costs and go onto to the next case. Sadly to many of them think their shit don't stink.

No one is debating probable cause, or the existence of the law, but nothing meaningful was obscured. An officer has discretion to be a jackass, and a judge has the discretion to treat him like a jackass. In the case I saw she was at least polite about it. I suppose you would have all license plate frames be banned and a mandatory minimum sentence be applied. Maybe they should create a task force and we can clog the court dockets. :rolleyes:

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    What part of "no part of the tag shall be obscured" is unclear?

What is the definition of "obscured" or "no part". What if I recessed the plate so far into the bumper that you couldn't see it but it is not covered? Like a louver, you can only see it from directly behind.

How big can the washers be that holds\ on the plate. That obscures the plate. Is there a specification for this?

I guess backup cameras are out too!

No more bicycle racks.

It can get ridiculous fast.

http://www.noveltyplates.ca/photo_radar_blocker.html

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I wonder if he was trying to get you for SOMETHING perhaps because you caught his attention somehow?

I heard a story of someone who brought attention to themselves, and instead of getting a ticket for a moving violation got a parking ticket at home for wrong wheels to the curb.

I'd rather get a stupid ticket that isn't a moving violation. Moving violation = 100% wasted day going to court to try and fight it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Yeah those evil officers enforcing the law.

The law is clear...you can't obstruct any part of the plate.

If there is a problem with the law it should be fixed by the CORRECT branch of government instead of getting pissed at the branch that is tasked with enforcing it.

To get mad at the police for enforcing the law as it is wrote is kind of stupid but atlas that is what we do as society.

Write your representative and have the "B.S. law" re wrote or removed.

With all that said....discretion is important and folks wonder why the average person who will have no more contact with LE isn't thrilled with them all the time.

There are ALWAYS those who TALK their way into a ticket. Not saying the OP is one of these but you never know.

Well then law should be totally enforced eh? License plate frames, plastic over the tag, bike racks, boats or anything being towed should all qualify? Cops would be awfully busy. OP got a dick head with nothing else to do IMO.
    And what about the morons that can't figure out how properly attach their registration stickers? They even send how and where to pics with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom