Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2017, 05:29 PM #1

DC parking enforcement Kiss my A$$

So today I’ve got two crews working with me down in DC on E St near Verizon center. We get there at 6am and find three spots right in front of our job-site loading dock Alley. Paid parking starts at 7am. I note the zone and space mumbers and go up to the jobsite. At 6:55ish I use my phone to pay for both trucks and my car for 2hrs.

At about 8:50 so one crew is finished. The first truck pulls out and my other guys move up one space so we can unload their van. I pay for parking in the new spot for 3hrs on the app. I take my car to go grab coffee for the crew and come back to find them just finishing up unloading and park directly behind them. I pay for parking using the app fir my car.

15min later I help one of my guys go back down and grab some tools and supplies. I see a woman taking photos of my cars plate and then the van. I ask her whats up. She says she is writing tickets for parking over two hours.

I start getting into a pissing match with her and say that I actually left and came back to find the space empty and the other van has only been parked in this spot for 30min and proceed to show her my phone receipt. She replies that two hour parking means you cannot park in the same “zone for more than 2hrs not the same spot” and “that we should have parked across the street”.

So I totally lose my cool and say WTF are you talking about. There is no sign that says thus and the DC parking app doesn’t warn you or restrict you from parking as we did. She replies “there is no sign saying you can come back to the same spot either so why did you do that”. She actually said that.

She then says that she is not going to take any more harassment from me and If I have a problem I can take it up with the magistrate.

*** wait there’s more***

After that job I have a meeting at another site on U st. I pay for 2hrs parking. We finish up a few minutes early and I walk to my car with the GC to give him some drawings and samples. We are chit-chatting at the back of my car with the rear hatch up. I see out of the corner of my eye another traffic enforcement person scanning my tag and before I could get to the front of my car she slips the ticket under my wiper.

I swear if I ever ever get a job that is being paid for by the DC govt and they make a mistake or need a change order I’m getting my money from today back!
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:36 PM #2

I've been working from a service truck in DC about 2 days a week regularly for the last 12 years. It's a cat and mouse game. They definitely make sh*t up as they go along and they don't care. Good luck fighting them, too. It is government theft.
Fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:37 PM #3

They're drones...and the entire parking procedures in DC are meant for a fundraiser for the city or as politicians would say..."revenue enhancement". It doesn't have to make sense beyond that.
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:44 PM #4

https://dpw.dc.gov/service/ticketing
mpdc4511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:45 PM #5
Feeding Trolls Since 2014

Feeding Trolls Since 2014

Yeah, the blessings of modern parking systems. Some parts of downtown, they'll tow your ass as soon as the 'meter' runs dry. Forget about moving it around the corner. You're still in the same zone and they have you on the computer saying as much. Can't wait to leave this shithole, once and for all.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship...row well and live" Quintus Arius
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:48 PM #6
NRA Benefactor Member

NRA Benefactor Member

That's one of the reasons I never, ever go into the District of Columbia unless I have no choice. Not even to drive through.
rfawcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:51 PM #7
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
I got a ticket last week while unloading in a marked loading zone for not having a "loading" sign in my window.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:57 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider58 View Post
Yeah, the blessings of modern parking systems. Some parts of downtown, they'll tow your ass as soon as the 'meter' runs dry. Forget about moving it around the corner. You're still in the same zone and they have you on the computer saying as much. Can't wait to leave this shithole, once and for all.

Sad but true. One if my guys was unloading in baltimore. He was in the back of the van and I guess the tow truck driver didn’t realize it. when a tow truck was hooking up he jumped into the drivers seat and honked the horn. They got into an argument and tow driver told him to get out of the car he was towing the van. My guy called me and I spoke to the tow driver and said I know you cant tow with a person in the car and I’ll pay my guy to sit in the van all day if I have to. We exchanged a few volleys pleasantries and eventually he realized he would make more money towing someone else.
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:59 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
I got a ticket last week while unloading in a marked loading zone for not having a "loading" sign in my window.

We’ll that’s a new one, but not surprising.
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:00 PM #10

Democrats, always masters at encouraging businesses to want to come work in their cities.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.