Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old November 29th, 2017, 09:33 PM #1
Honorary deplorable

Honorary deplorable

Exclamation Carrying without a permit, no-no.

I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:40 PM #2
When All Else Fails.

When All Else Fails.

Are you going to discuss what you and the prosecutor discussed or just drop your tease, leave, and have us engage in wild speculation while bouncing off the MDS forum walls?
iH8DemLibz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:43 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.
Personal safety 1st, following unconstitutional laws 2nd.
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:46 PM #4

Quote:

????????????

What is the point of your post? Don't do something illegal or you will pay a price if caught?

What City? What planet?
NRA Life Member
Utah Permit
Maryland 365 Unrestricted permit Rejected 5/13/13

“A citizen may not be required to offer a `good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights, The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg, 5 Mar 2012
Klunatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:51 PM #5
Honorary deplorable

Honorary deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoya32 View Post
Personal safety 1st, following unconstitutional laws 2nd.
Those "unconstitutional laws" will put you in cinderblock walls. Not teasing, no BS, do not carry unless permitted to do so. If you are guilty of a firearm crime and become a PROHIBITED PERSON, you will lose everything gun related, plus a bunch of cash. What would you like to know IH8DEMS?
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:52 PM #6

Quote:

Nothing new there, that's always been the case with a guilty finding on illegal wear and carry. Many of them have been Nolle Pros'd however including some who should have been convicted and went on to do more damage.
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:54 PM #7
When All Else Fails.

When All Else Fails.

Quote:
Those "unconstitutional laws" will put you in cinderblock walls. Not teasing, no BS, do not carry unless permitted to do so. If you are guilty of a firearm crime and become a PROHIBITED PERSON, you will lose everything gun related, plus a bunch of cash. What would you like to know IH8DEMS?
What buckle your seat belts means.

Throw the book at 'em, Zero tolerance, Make an example out of 'em, etc?
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:00 PM #8
When All Else Fails.

When All Else Fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark392001 View Post
Nothing new there, that's always been the case with a guilty finding on illegal wear and carry. Many of them have been Nolle Pros'd however including some who should have been convicted and went on to do more damage.
Fourteen year old Thug Life gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and is released. Only to get caught doing it a second time.

Middle aged Harry Homeowner gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and goes away for five years. And loses all future gun owning rights.

Gotta love Maryland.
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:03 PM #9
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iH8DemLibz View Post
Fourteen year old Thug Life gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and is released. Only to do it and get caught doing it a second time.

Middle aged Harry Homeowner gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and goes away for five years. And loses all future gun owning rights.

Gotta love Maryland.
That's almost verbatim what I typed and then deleted because I was going to stay out of it.
I'd like to hear more of the OP's visit with the throne today though.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:03 PM #10
Crna Ovca

Crna Ovca

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

100% of us gun owners dont condone those prohibited of possessing in the first place,let alone concealing them in the ghetto streets of liberal baltimore.But then you have the law abiding that can be naive and lacking common sense that would risk to conceal his/her firearm on their personals for protection.Inwhich this state wont grant that right unless you are Leo or priveleged.

Its all about free will and risk of lossing everything!
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man...2017?is Maryland shall issue yet!!!

Last edited by thomfantomas; November 29th, 2017 at 11:03 PM.
thomfantomas is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues