• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The big difference between this new system and signing a log book at HRPB meetings is the new system is legal by statute and COMAR.

Signing a log book at a public meeting is NOT.

See the difference?

I am happy with neither but it's where we are.

Efforts are currently under way to stop the illegal process at the HPRB.

Nothing about the new E portal is illegal under MD law.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And on WBAL TV news, after the game tonight, they reported with MD's new online system "you can now purchase a gun online."

:facepalm: :banghead: :nono: :bs: :sign07: :sad20: :rant2: :tantrum:

How do stupid people get jobs like this?

Hopefully they gave credit to Martin O'Malley in the same breath.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Apparently MSP may have gotten complaints about the difficulty of finding the actual link to the portal buried in the paragraph on it. It has been redesigned and now looks like this.

Attachments

• portal.JPG
      portal.JPG
      56.2 KB · Views: 223

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Has anyone filled one out for a secondary/private sale yet?

I'm assuming since it's a separate option in the beginning, that it's a different form, maybe?

Wondering if I should prefill one of those out too?

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    The big difference between this new system and signing a log book at HRPB meetings is the new system is legal by statute and COMAR.

Signing a log book at a public meeting is NOT.

See the difference?

I am happy with neither but it's where we are.

Efforts are currently under way to stop the illegal process at the HPRB.

Nothing about the new E portal is illegal under MD law.
    The HQL is legal by statute and COMAR. Nothing about the HQL is illegal under MD law. See the similarities?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The HQL is not what's being compared. We're comparing the new 77r system to the requirement to sign in at the HPRB.

The HQL requirement is being challenged by MSI . The e-portal is not.

file a lawsuit against the new system if you think otherwise.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Has anyone filled one out for a secondary/private sale yet?

I'm assuming since it's a separate option in the beginning, that it's a different form, maybe?

Wondering if I should prefill one of those out too?

In my opinion, this part has issues. You must have all of the seller's information including their driver license number and SOCIAL SECURITY number. I don't know why it would ask for the SS#. Seems unnecessary to me.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I know I'm going to get chastised from a lot of people here for the following comments but here it is anyway.
    Seems to be a lot of excitement and jubilation the last few pages of applying on this new system. I just don't get the hypocrisy that flows through some people. This is just another infringement on our 2a rights. One extra hurdle to jump through. I know what you're going to say, it's just an email, just a pin #, just a credit card, etc.. More BS just to purchase a gun. Same people are fine with this are up in arms over a sign in log at a building. Signing a book is worse than supplying the state with your credi card number to a untested system? They do this shit in baby steps. One small infringement at a time. You can bet your ass they already have another step waiting in the wings. The liberals heads would explode if they put these steps in place to vote but we all take it on the chin. Yea, I know, it's what we have to do now but why get so excited about it? Rant over so flame away.

.. after conceding to show ID :lol2:

NAk6C.gif

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    In my opinion, this part has issues. You must have all of the seller's information including their driver license number and SOCIAL SECURITY number. I don't know why it would ask for the SS#. Seems unnecessary to me.

The old 77r required the sellers SSN and DL number. what's changed?

Attachments

• buyer.jpg
      buyer.jpg
      36.7 KB · Views: 197
    • seller.jpg
      seller.jpg
      24 KB · Views: 207

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It appears you now have to present your DC letter when at the dealer to purchase. This is a big change as many folks don't have their original letter. MSP always handled this portion by checking their database

I noticed this in the users guide when reading it. There is a small caption that says if you claim DC status, you must present your letter to te dealer.

see attached pic bottom item

This is total ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The new system is a better way for them to track us , and a better way for others to hack our information . IMHO

None of it makes anyone more safe , as far as the "News People" they get lots wrong with descriptions and predictions .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Originally Posted by swinokur
    It appears you now have to present your DC letter when at the dealer to purchase. This is a big change as many folks don't have their original letter. MSP always handled this portion by checking their database

I noticed this in the users guide when reading it. There is a small caption that says if you claim DC status, you must present your letter to te dealer.

see attached pic bottom item

This is total ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone pointed out that when submitting the actual application, they changed the wording to recommend, not required.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Someone pointed out that when submitting the actual application, they changed the wording to recommend, not required.

That is what I recall Friday. States something to the effect not required but helps.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

SS# is optional, isn't it? But even if it isnt, you still have access to all that same info on an old handwritten 77R.

That's correct. I quoted it right off the page.

Not to mention, it isn't the FFL's responsibility to verify or confirm it anyway.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The old 77r required the sellers SSN and DL number. what's changed?

But not via the web. Who's going to give you there SS# unless it's at the time of the transfer. I'd be very hesitant to give my SS# to someone who says they want to buy my handgun.

Imagine the scams that could occur? Over the internet, "I would like to buy your Glock. I will need your driver license number and SS#."

A big difference in my opinion if I'm standing in front of the buyer at a store or barracks. I'm not comfortable just giving this information to some faceless character just because he says he wants to buy my handgun over the internet.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom