• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I predict this is going to turn into one of the saddest 2A stories ever. Scammers will be claiming to be selling them everywhere and speculators will have them on Gunbroker the day they start shipping.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I predict it still has to pass the senate, this will probably get removed from the bill before final passage, and all this discussion will be for nothing.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I agree. In my opinion, I would be happy to get in on the deal from CMP because I know that it will be genuine and in working order. Post CMP launch, there is no telling how many will be pieced out to finish builds or repair old parts and then re-sold. For this reason alone I would be willing to pay decent coin. I only intend to have one USGI 1911 and it would be a family piece.

Jul 1, 2012
    "the mammoth legislation, which outlines $700 in overall defense spending"
    no wonder, that's not a lot of money to cover all the DOD expenses :)

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Loving this part of the article....
    "that means there are at least 80,000 1911s ready and waiting for a nasty civilian to give them a good home." :mad54:

So, let's see... American-Bolsheviks hate the cops because they're all racists (even though these hyphenators feel that "only cops should have guns"...reckon that one out???), they hate the military because they're all "baby-killers" and they hate non-hyphenated Americans because we don't subscribe to their sexually-confused, social justice psychosis.
    Now I get it. :)

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    So, let's see... American-Bolsheviks hate the cops because they're all racists (even though these hyphenators feel that "only cops should have guns"...reckon that one out???), they hate the military because they're all "baby-killers" and they hate non-hyphenated Americans because we don't subscribe to their sexually-confused, social justice psychosis.
    Now I get it. :)

Yup. You got it. The comments on the original article didn’t go easy on the writer either for that sentence. Good to see many others think the guy is a moron as well.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Article says it costs 2 bucks a day to store EACH of 100,000 1911's

Is there someone visiting them once a day to bottle feed them Ballistol or something?

This is probably just an accounting thing. Take the square feet of the building they are in and divide it by the total square feet of the buildings at that fort (or facility). Then use that ratio times the cost to run that fort and you get the cost to store the 1911's. When the guns are gone, this will be the cost to maintain the empty warehouse.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    This is probably just an accounting thing. Take the square feet of the building they are in and divide it by the total square feet of the buildings at that fort (or facility). Then use that ratio times the cost to run that fort and you get the cost to store the 1911's. When the guns are gone, this will be the cost to maintain the empty warehouse.

Well, you don't have to guard and empty warehouse like you do a warehouse of 100,000 pistols. There will be a savings there too. Plus who knows if they are starving for space and using the space would save $ on new construction.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This just in from CMP (via email):

To all CMP constituents:

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.

All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.

Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) successful completion of a NICS background check, 6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holder before the pistol can be transferred.

Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.

CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.

Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.

The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.

Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.

When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.

As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson
    Chief Operating Officer
    Civilian Marksmanship Program
    www.thecmp.org

One step closer. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT