• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    Just got one chambered in 22 wmr. Super excited to try it out at the range and in a squirrel hunt. Does anyone else have this model?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

cb51

It looks like an interesting design, but I wonder about the viability of a single shot rifle in this day and age. Especially for a serious survival situation. The design does look like it would make a nice folding .410 survival weapon. With a .410 you would at least have choice of shot or slug, giving you a bit more for that one shot.

I love rimfire and that's all I actually own anymore. But I want multiple rounds on hand.

Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    It looks like an interesting design, but I wonder about the viability of a single shot rifle in this day and age. Especially for a serious survival situation. The design does look like it would make a nice folding .410 survival weapon. With a .410 you would at least have choice of shot or slug, giving you a bit more for that one shot.

I love rimfire and that's all I actually own anymore. But I want multiple rounds on hand.
    True about the "survivalability" benefit is that it won't have feed issues some semi have with different ammos. I like it because of the weight and compactness. Very easy to carry in a small bag discreetly. In addition I wanted a wmr rifle and do not have much disposable income so,it fit my criteria

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have two one in .22 and one in .22 WMR. Typical Chiappa fit and finish but they run well. More of a foraging gun than a survival gun but they are light and if you get the quick takedown nut they pack well.

Get one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takedown-s...006474?hash=item33ca93a7ca:g:XcMAAOSwmrlUsH3z

Next time I transfer things I may get the one in .17HMR. I really wish they would make something like .22 hornet that would have some more "umph"

Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    I have two one in .22 and one in .22 WMR. Typical Chiappa fit and finish but they run well. More of a foraging gun than a survival gun but they are light and if you get the quick takedown nut they pack well.

Get one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takedown-s...006474?hash=item33ca93a7ca:g:XcMAAOSwmrlUsH3z

Next time I transfer things I may get the one in .17HMR. I really wish they would make something like .22 hornet that would have some more "umph"
    I will look into that, I agree with you on the foraging thing. I like the weight but what firearm isn't a "survival" gun. The fact that the box says survival series is kinda funny and I think its probably only on the American destined versions to capitalize on the prep market.. In Europe they have a version called the little squriell in 9mm flobert thats a brandes as a small game gun.

I have two "survival" rifles this chiappa and an henry ar7. The ar7 was actually purchased because I went to get a rugee 10/22 for squirrel hunting and the salesmen convinced me to get the ar7 instead saying he used one for the same thing and has been happy. So far I haven't been disappointed but still never have used a 10/22 so I don't have much comparison . regardless of the niche both fit my needs, where I live I don't want my neighbors knowing I have firearms so it works well that the ar7 and chiappa break down very small and I can fit them in my regular backpack no problem without any bit of notice, plus a friend and I do a lot of backpacking up at savage river so its nice to have such a light gun when we go during small game season because it doesnt add much weight in my pack

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I will look into that, I agree with you on the foraging thing. I like the weight but what firearm isn't a "survival" gun. The fact that the box says survival series is kinda funny and I think its probably only on the American destined versions to capitalize on the prep market.. In Europe they have a version called the little squriell in 9mm flobert thats a brandes as a small game gun.

I have two "survival" rifles this chiappa and an henry ar7. The ar7 was actually purchased because I went to get a rugee 10/22 for squirrel hunting and the salesmen convinced me to get the ar7 instead saying he used one for the same thing and has been happy. So far I haven't been disappointed but still never have used a 10/22 so I don't have much comparison . regardless of the niche both fit my needs, where I live I don't want my neighbors knowing I have firearms so it works well that the ar7 and chiappa break down very small and I can fit them in my regular backpack no problem without any bit of notice, plus a friend and I do a lot of backpacking up at savage river so its nice to have such a light gun when we go during small game season because it doesnt add much weight in my pack

Totally agreed. That little takedown knob really works well, have one on my .22 which I often will take with me various places.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    12GA-3"/22LR

chiappa-x-caliber.jpg

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So expensive

Yep, as is the Badger (Must be an Italian thing) considering you can get a Marlin 60 cheaper when on sale. Dicks I see has a Ruger 10/22 at $169 this weekend. Cheapest I can find that Badger local is ~$200 out the door.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So expensive

Its not the original. Though I give them credit for trying to bring back the M6 configuration. If they had anything but that rigid Styrofoam Id think of it.

Also those short little subcaliber conversions are going to be horribly innacurate.

Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    Yep, as is the Badger (Must be an Italian thing) considering you can get a Marlin 60 cheaper when on sale. Dicks I see has a Ruger 10/22 at $169 this weekend. Cheapest I can find that Badger local is ~$200 out the door.
    I got the one in wmr for 170 I'm satisfied so far. Never shot a ruger or marlin though

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I got the one in wmr for 170 I'm satisfied so far. Never shot a ruger or marlin though

Been looking for Little Badger 22LR , and just a shade under $200 is best I can find local. Seeing a Marlin XT-22TR at same price, I just can't fathom why a single shot, single action 22LR is a value in comparison to a magazine fed bolt action that will take long, short and LR and arguably more accurate.

The fold thing and light weight is nice, but what a premium. It does come with a bag though..

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Been looking for Little Badger 22LR , and just a shade under $200 is best I can find local. Seeing a Marlin XT-22TR at same price, I just can't fathom why a single shot, single action 22LR is a value in comparison to a magazine fed bolt action that will take long, short and LR.

The fold thing and light weight is nice, but what a premium.

That's about what they run, think I got mine for $145 a year or so ago plus $15 each transfer.

They shouldn't be that expensive but they are what they are made for a very specific market. I love the Papoose and 10/22 but they don't pack down near as nice. Plain and simple the little badger is "flat"! Its also cheap enough that you don't worry if it gets banked up a little.

I see they made a run in 17 WSM, think Ill stick with the HMR next time I see them on sale.

You get better quality reusable bags for your groceries than come with this.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That's about what they run, think I got mine for $145 a year or so ago plus $15 each transfer.

They shouldn't be that expensive but they are what they are made for a very specific market. I love the Papoose and 10/22 but they don't pack down near as nice. Plain and simple the little badger is "flat"!

I see they made a run in 17 WSM, think Ill stick with the HMR next time I see them on sale.

Thats a great deal. Around my parts it's $50, then if a pistol you're blessed with another $10 via MSP. Was just discussing with a friend how finding great deals at $150-250 just get hammered with transfer costs.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats a great deal. Around my parts it's $50, then if a pistol you're blessed with another $10 via MSP. Was just discussing with a friend how finding great deals at $150-250 just get hammered with transfer costs.

Dealer who does volume. Check out A1, first one costs you $30 or $40 then each additional gun costs less. These were add ons to another purchase.

Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016

They shouldn't be that expensive but they are what they are made for a very specific market. I love the Papoose and 10/22 but they don't pack down near as nice. Plain and simple the little badger is "flat"! Its also cheap enough that you don't worry if it gets banked up a little.

You get better quality reusable bags for your groceries than come with this.
    Agreed the bag it comes with is trash. I found reviews where people say they love the bag, I don't get it.

Also in Baltimore city I found a guy who does 25 per transfer if your around here.

It is expensive but for my purpose I wanted a ultralight backpacking gun in 22 wmr. Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom