• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Next week is my shift to cook at the firehouse. Since we want to avoid any turkey/poultry before thanksgiving, my guys have asked me to cook my cabbage and kielbasa dish. Typically I like to make pierogi with it, but I don't have the time to make them before my shift. Anyone know of any place in/near Howard County I can get some decent pierogi? I know it's a long shot, but store bought frozen doesn't cut it. TIA

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Subscribed to this thread...I haven't been able to find anything but Ms Ts around here and they simply don't cut it. This also reminds me that I need to hit up the Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh when I'm back for the holidays to get a pierogi pizza.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Costco brand is our go to quick pierogi.they only sell them at road shows a few times a year. My sister said bj' s pierogi's tastes the same.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Try the Kielbasa factory in Rockville
    That place is pretty authentic. Never checked to see if they have pierogies.

There's a stand at some farmers markets (I think Ellicott City and Catonsville) called Rogue Pierogies that hand makes good ones, all kinds of flavors too. Pretty pricey but they are solid.

https://www.roguepierogies.com/

These are very good but very expensive. They come to our farmers market on KI and I have bought probably 4 or 5 of their many different flavors. I like the kielbasa, cabbage potato and the mozzerella, basil sausage

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Sophia's place in the Broadway Market.

The Ukranian church on Eastern ave used to sell them on Fridays. Not sure if they still do.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Was thinking Aldi too.

Great now I’m hungry! :D

pierogi+z+mięsem.JPG

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Ze Mean Bean Cafe has the best pierogies I've ever had. Not sure where they get them from but they said they're local and hand made. They do kraut, potato, and farmers cheese. Oh do I miss the 25c pierogie happy hour.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The U.P of Michigan
    Pierogis? I thought they only ate cake on the U. P.

The refrigerated ones at Aldi are far better than the supermarket frozen ones. They aren't like the handmade ones grandma Krakowski makes, but they are pretty good nonetheless.
    I saw those, I think they are more than a fin.

I will try them on your recommendation.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    So I ended up at the Wegmans in Columbia. Between the bakery and deli they have a small Kosher area. There were fresh (well packaged and not frozen) pierogi there. Even had some with farm cheese stuffing. They were a hot at the firehouse. One guy even said they tasted like my home made ones. That's either words of praise for the ones I bought, or a knock on my homemade ones. I thought the were delicious.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Ze Mean Bean Cafe has the best pierogies I've ever had. Not sure where they get them from but they said they're local and hand made. They do kraut, potato, and farmers cheese. Oh do I miss the 25c pierogie happy hour.

Sadly, this place has closed.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Late to the party, but this shop is opening in Colesville. I'll let you know how they are once they're open.

Edit...

No, I'm not going to fix the picture. Something about posting from my phone causes the images to rotate.

Attachments

• 1122171607_HDR.jpg
      1122171607_HDR.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 529

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    To add to the list of places, there is a little roadside stand north of Damascus south of Mt. Airy near the lou and joes, the lady's name is Marta she is truly polish and she sells the most magical pierogis you have ever had. The stand is a little quasit style hut on the side of the road.

attached a picture for identification, Google's puts this near 1170 Ridge Road.

And when you stop there go to Lou and Joes and get some great Pad Thai .... two spicy pepper and a beer it's worth the trip.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 588

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads