Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old November 7th, 2017, 06:24 AM #2351

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze2shots View Post
Regarding Secret vs. TS, are you saying that TS would be more or less likely in this scenario above to get MSP approval?
TS is almost a given to get approval. In their training, MSP are taught that someone with TS works with a high enough classification of information that it satisfies the G&S(this is all as of this fall, so this may absolutely change in either direction, I'm just passing on what I learned).

MSP views Secret as much less important, and will almost always, if not always, reject that as a G&S. The HPRB though is willing to hear arguments for why a Secret is enough, and has approved for Secret and OPM leak alone. Though I will say, those two in combination are important, a Secret without being part of the OPM leak will probably not be enough to convince the board.
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 07:37 AM #2352

For me, I also added a few more reasons that tipped the scale in my favor. Like access to a motor pool, arms room, SATCOM equipment etc.
SAF Life Member
Maryland W&C permit
Virginia Non-resident CCW

GlockxRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 07:42 AM #2353
USMC

USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockxRob View Post
For me, I also added a few more reasons that tipped the scale in my favor. Like access to a motor pool, arms room, SATCOM equipment etc.
What docs did you attach for the OPM leak?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
JC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:09 AM #2354

I just had the OPM letter they sent out. Also, my security manager wrote a memorandum stating the active clearances held.
SAF Life Member
Maryland W&C permit
Virginia Non-resident CCW

GlockxRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:01 AM #2355

Wear and Carry Received Yesterday, 11/6/17

Hello and thanks for all the information this group has provided. I haven't posted that much but wanted to share some information that others may find helpful in their process.

Started the process with training on 6/24/17 and application was turned in the week of 7/4.

MSP cashed my check on 7/15

MSP called me on/about 10/3 and set up live interview meeting for 10/13

Interview on 10/13- References were called while I was en route to the interview and my wife was called while I was in interview (I dialed her from my phone and handed phone over to Trooper). Questions about my "G&S" were more for information gathering rather than a challenge to their validity. Trooper was polite, professional and personable. I owed him one document from the meeting which I provided (after receiving a courtesy reminder call from him) on 10/18. I was the one at fault for the delay, not MSP.

I received two more calls from the Trooper asking for information already provided about a week apart and each time he re-stated that he was sending my application to the board. One call was to inform me that not showing enough commissions as a REALTOR "wasn't going to fly" for G&S but my other business looked "ok".

11/6- received W&C in the mail with restriction while conducting business for my non-REALTOR business.

Glad to answer any questions, and thanks again.

Jojo
jojotapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:44 AM #2356
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotapp View Post
Hello and thanks for all the information this group has provided. I haven't posted that much but wanted to share some information that others may find helpful in their process.

If by "that much" you mean one post, then yes.

Congratulations on being 'awarded' your permit!! Too bad hoi polloi like me will get one NO time soon.

Maybe go here and tell us a bit more aboput yourself:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Again, congrats!!!

Beat your ploughshares into swords, and your pruning-hooks into spears; let the weakling say, I am strong. Joel 3 : 10
eruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:58 AM #2357

HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotapp View Post

Started the process with training on 6/24/17 and application was turned in the week of 7/4.

MSP cashed my check on 7/15

MSP called me on/about 10/3 and set up live interview meeting for 10/13

Interview on 10/13- References were called while I was en route to the interview and my wife was called while I was in interview (I dialed her from my phone and handed phone over to Trooper). Questions about my "G&S" were more for information gathering rather than a challenge to their validity. Trooper was polite, professional and personable. I owed him one document from the meeting which I provided (after receiving a courtesy reminder call from him) on 10/18. I was the one at fault for the delay, not MSP.

I received two more calls from the Trooper asking for information already provided about a week apart and each time he re-stated that he was sending my application to the board. One call was to inform me that not showing enough commissions as a REALTOR "wasn't going to fly" for G&S but my other business looked "ok".

11/6- received W&C in the mail with restriction while conducting business for my non-REALTOR business.

Glad to answer any questions, and thanks again.

Jojo

I would appeal that. Licensed Realtor conducting business is enough under their g&s scheme.

Once I got that added, I would appeal all restrictions to the HPRB as a violation of your 2nd, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

Join MarylandShallIssue.org for helpful documentation and self/help support.
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:00 AM #2358

It's funny, I saw that my earlier post was "#1" and thought my memory must not be as good as I previously thought! This makes #2 and promise #3+ will have better substance!
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:03 AM #2359

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherPunk View Post
I would appeal that. Licensed Realtor conducting business is enough under their g&s scheme.

Once I got that added, I would appeal all restrictions to the HPRB as a violation of your 2nd, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

Join MarylandShallIssue.org for helpful documentation and self/help support.
Thanks, CypherPunk. I'm a member of Maryland Shall Issue and will check out the documentation. My guess is that my only commission statement was a couple of years old they assumed that didn't fit the definition of "conducting business." Thanks for the suggestion.

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues