Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region

Notices

Old February 1st, 2017, 12:32 PM #31
Poor C&R Collector

Poor C&R Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blue View Post
Clearly you didn't read my post. I don't want STORES AND BUSINESSES going up! I'm fine with houses, as long as they are not "affordable housing". Some of the people I know that have lived in Middletown for a long time tell me that it was so hard for SUBWAY to get approved, yet now they are adding more and more commercial properties. These properties are not needed.

I'm sorry, Mr. Preacher, I can complain about it if I want to. I only lived in MoCo for a little bit, as I was relocated here from Wisconsin and didn't know anything about the area. I also don't complain about the smells of the farms and would never expect existing businesses to change their ways because I am now here. I don't want this area to turn into MoCo. Nothing wrong with that. I have a 2 hour commute each way some days. How much further can I move to get away from undesirables?
I apologize for the way that sounded. It wasn't particularly aimed at you but you really have to follow things through to the end result. More houses means more infrastructure needs which would include stores and businesses. I have lived in MoCo all of my life, 58 years, and have seen the steady decline of the Frederick area. In another 20 years it will look just like MoCo. They said it would never happen to Frederick 25 years ago.
MSI Member
MSRPA Member
C&R 03 FFL

"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs."
tsmith1499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 08:23 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith1499 View Post
I apologize for the way that sounded. It wasn't particularly aimed at you but you really have to follow things through to the end result. More houses means more infrastructure needs which would include stores and businesses. I have lived in MoCo all of my life, 58 years, and have seen the steady decline of the Frederick area. In another 20 years it will look just like MoCo. They said it would never happen to Frederick 25 years ago.
No worries, my friend. I fear you are right that it will look like MoCo. Ugh!!
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 08:33 PM #33

Residential property taxes do not cover the burden of the residences. Commercial property taxes carry more burden than residential. A town with no commercial property will be poorer of have fewer services.
DCSCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 09:51 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blue View Post
Clearly you didn't read my post. I don't want STORES AND BUSINESSES going up! I'm fine with houses, as long as they are not "affordable housing". Some of the people I know that have lived in Middletown for a long time tell me that it was so hard for SUBWAY to get approved, yet now they are adding more and more commercial properties. These properties are not needed.

I'm sorry, I can complain about it if I want to. I paid plenty for my house. I only lived in MoCo for a little bit, as I was relocated here from Wisconsin and didn't know anything about the area. I also don't complain about the smells of the farms and would never expect existing businesses to change their ways because I am now here. I don't want this area to turn into MoCo. Nothing wrong with that. I have a 2 hour commute each way some days. How much further can I move to get away from undesirables?

I totally understand you. When I moved to Myersville in Jan 90 we had a ball field where the fire station is, we had a highs and the area past the post office on rt17 was all wetlands. Just started to build Ashley and meadow ridge subdivisions. Then the people came from out of county and the first thing they wanted was ball fields, a pool for their many children and more. So then they rezoned the protected wetland area and built their ball fields. Then they needed a path from Main Street to get there. Luckily no community pool (yet). I would like a library in town. Middletown is the same with building of a strip mall across from the golf course area. And I live directly across from a farm on the gun club road. No problem for me!
Mightydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 09:54 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSCO View Post
Residential property taxes do not cover the burden of the residences. Commercial property taxes carry more burden than residential. A town with no commercial property will be poorer of have fewer services.
I'd rather pay more taxes than have our small town built up.
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:33 AM #36
Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

If you are willing to go to Thurmont cross the line and live in the Good Old US of A.
Blacksmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 03:00 AM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
Well to be fair, people like you moving from Montgomery County and elsewhere are why they built it up to begin with. I remember when it was literally all farm land when you came over Braddock Mountain. Pretty much fields until you hit the older colonial homes.
Frederick is nothing more than DC/Balto Lite, getting worse every day.
Even Waldorf had it's day.... small time gambling joints and St Charles was but a twinkle in some developers eye and it was country. I think this country is pretty much full up and we really don't need any immigration from anywhere any longer..
GodOfVice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 03:03 AM #38
Collector and involved.

Collector and involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
If you are willing to go to Thurmont cross the line and live in the Good Old US of A.
That's what I did. Paying more taxes than down here, but you can get WAY more house for the money. same commute time. My neighbor has roosters and chickens and I much rather have that than what I had to deal with down here.
Whitey is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region