• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Whoa - just came across this. I will have to check Yesh out.

Up until now the only falafel and Schwarma I have found to be solid is at Max's in Wheaton.

There used to be Motis in Rockville but his wife got it in their divorce and it’s not as good. Let me know when you want to hit up Yesh, it’s right around the corner.

Jul 16, 2020
    Whoa - just came across this. I will have to check Yesh out.

Up until now the only falafel and Schwarma I have found to be solid is at Max's in Wheaton.

My mother would die if she saw me saying this, but I'm not the hottest on falafel (sorry Ammo Jon!) and schwarma is near and dear to my heart. It's not that I don't like falafel, it's that schwarma was the only thing readily available in my international travels, particularly in Asia/Korea where I spend most of my time, so I developed a taste for "kebap" as they called in Korea.

Are there any schwarma/kebab places south of Baltimore that you'd recommend? I've noticed "kebab" here seems to be actual kebabs on a stick, or at least the places I've run across in my forays into the Inner Harbor area.

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes, guys. I've actually been to the Westminster range recently to see a friend compete there the other weekend. I'm looking to get into PRS in particular and IDPA or something with pistols.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    My mother would die if she saw me saying this, but I'm not the hottest on falafel (sorry Ammo Jon!) and schwarma is near and dear to my heart. It's not that I don't like falafel, it's that schwarma was the only thing readily available in my international travels, particularly in Asia/Korea where I spend most of my time, so I developed a taste for "kebap" as they called in Korea.

Are there any schwarma/kebab places south of Baltimore that you'd recommend? I've noticed "kebab" here seems to be actual kebabs on a stick, or at least the places I've run across in my forays into the Inner Harbor area.

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes, guys. I've actually been to the Westminster range recently to see a friend compete there the other weekend. I'm looking to get into PRS in particular and IDPA or something with pistols.

I like zaatar in Baltimore.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Well, I was born and raised in haaretz israel, and I have to say that here it's all bout the humidity, not so much the heat. I did some time in Korea and Thailand, and it was the same there, as well.

I'm still looking around for synagogues and gun ranges in the Baltimore area if anybody has any recommendations. I see the list that was given to me in by Dave MP but if there's any specific input as to which is the best to try to get the process rolling on my concealed carry permit that would be very helpful. Especially in these crazy times.

If you're looking for a gun shop, check out Masada Tactical in Pikesville. It is run by current and former IDF and observant.
    As far as ranges go, I'm a fan of Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriottsville.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hey there! Just seeing this - welcome to Baltimore. I live in Little Italy, and I'm a real estate agent and a foodie/wine guy, so if you need any recommendations, let me know. My wife/partner and I put together an events calendar for the area every month, it's on our website and we send out an email reminder once a month (no spam, no real estate listing emails, nothing other than that events reminder). If you want to be on the list, send me a DM with name and email address.

I usually shoot at Freestate - I want to get to guntry but haven't yet. Freestate is pretty friendly in my experience. I don't know about ammo prices, but I have purchased a handgun there and thought the price was a smidge on the high side.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom