• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I just got the shotgun tactical shooting bug (possible 3 gun) and am a big fan of my "Humpback". It is a Browning Auto 5, Light Twelve.
    Is anyone knowledgeable about an extended tube that will hold 9-10rds total in an old school A5? Google-Fu is pretty vague as to which models fit.

Please advise,
    Kyle/Squaregrouper

Last edited:

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Any version of the A5 that the barrel doesn't remain fixed while firing will not work. The newer A5's are practically built for 3 gun. The only downside is choosing the proper ammo to feed the newer ones reliably.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Any version of the A5 that the barrel doesn't remain fixed while firing will not work. The newer A5's are practically built for 3 gun. The only downside is choosing the proper ammo to feed the newer ones reliably.

It'll work you just can't attach the tube to the barrel to reinforce it. There are a lot of guys running A5s in 3 gun matches.

IMGP6459.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    A couple other aftermarket things to think about are larger buttons and extended charging handles , assuming the A5 supports those. Fumbling for controls during a match isn't fun times.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    A couple other aftermarket things to think about are larger buttons and extended charging handles , assuming the A5 supports those. Fumbling for controls during a match isn't fun times.

I've never fumbled with my A5. It's my waterfowl gun and has always been very reliable and easy to use. One cool feature is the auto load on an empty chamber with the bolt open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrpPG6gDt0

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    View attachment 292783

A5 lights are bringing crazy $$ recently, I’m leaving mine OEM.

You can find good ones in the 500's. I prefer the Japanese barrels for usage and removable chokes vs the softer fixed Belgian steel barrels. if you're into collecting the Belgians are the way to go, but I'm not paying $2500 for an A5 that isn't hand engraved and majorly embellished.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    You can find good ones in the 500's. I prefer the Japanese barrels for usage and removable chokes vs the softer fixed Belgian steel barrels. if you're into collecting the Belgians are the way to go, but I'm not paying $2500 for an A5 that isn't hand engraved and majorly embellished.

Mine is Belgian. I inherited it from FIL years ago. I would never pay $2500 for it either, but I’d damn sure sell it for $2500. :lol2:

View attachment 292783

A5 lights are bringing crazy $$ recently, I’m leaving mine OEM.

Pimping out an A5?
    Ugh where’s your respect?

OP Here...
    My a5 Light Twelve is a Miroku build. It is worth ~$600-$700, nothing close to the Belgian Light Twelves

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Can’t help with the extended tube, but love to see anything about A5s.

Attachments

• 08BEBB12-BA3E-4462-86CE-1F9A4FBC5316.jpg
      08BEBB12-BA3E-4462-86CE-1F9A4FBC5316.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads