• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Going to be hosting a moving party next weekend, so I need to know where to get good pizza in that area. I already know that there is a liquor store on 26 and 94. Not too sure about providing beer/wine until dinner time though, and even then I'm not sure I want to send people home drunk so they can get a DUI or worse.

Anyway, where are the good pizza places in the area? I guess the Eldersburg area would be good too. I know there is a Ledo's in Eldersburg and I could stop by there while driving back and forth for the move. Thing is, is there anything better than Ledo's? Anything closer to Winfield?

Guess there is Tony's off of route 94 just north of the railroad tracks and Tony's here in West Friendship. Just need some options in the Eldersburg/Winfield area if we are in that area during lunch time.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Crazy nuts on rt27 about 3 miles north of rt26. Its only been open 2 months but its within walking distance to our farm so ive had it a few times. At first wasnt that thrilled but its gotten better and there meatball sub is good.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Crazy nuts on rt27 about 3 miles north of rt26. Its only been open 2 months but its within walking distance to our farm so ive had it a few times. At first wasnt that thrilled but its gotten better and there meatball sub is good.

Baker Road pretty much leads to the new house, so that would be convenient. Google Maps is saying 6 minute drive.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Sonny's in Eldersburg is really good. Family converted to Sonnys after 15 years of Ledos :)

Favorites in order:

Stuffed Meat Slice
    The Brooklyn Pie
    The Sicilian meat lovers

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I still believe Serra Brothers in Eldersburg has the best in south carroll. Plus they have an extra large like 16", or 18" which feeds a bunch.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Stear clear of the "new" Franks in Eldersburg. The old place was great... the new place is a sorry mess.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Mess as in restaurant issues or is their food quality being affected?

Mess, as in they have a "new" location but they're using antiquated equipment and can't prepare a pizza in less than 30 minutes to save their ass.

I have ordered a pizza from them over the phone, driven there, and THEN waited 30 minutes for them to have my order ready. And this was not even CLOSE to peak business time.

They seem like a bunch of clueless idiots who have no idea what the **** they're doing.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Mess, as in they have a "new" location but they're using antiquated equipment and can't prepare a pizza in less than 30 minutes to save their ass.

I have ordered a pizza from them over the phone, driven there, and THEN waited 30 minutes for them to have my order ready. And this was not even CLOSE to peak business time.

They seem like a bunch of clueless idiots who have no idea what the **** they're doing.

Interesting. They were pretty good in their old location. I did visit shortly after they opened their new space, but just chalked the wait up to "new place, new staff etc"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom