• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Glock CS - G21SF Good to go! long story

Just got a brand new Glock21Sf shipped to me from Smyrna GA w/ three 13rds mags. Now it's range time.

Anyway, several weeks ago I committed myself to buying a "used" Glock 21SF- ambi mag release model. At the time I didn't know that Glock was discountinuing this model due to several problems w/ mag release itself. When I took a delivery at my FFL's place, pistol had no sights on- turned out that the seller took out his night sights and forgot to put OEM sights back on. Not happy at all! Contacted the seller who was very surprised he actually did that, and promised to make it right. Shipped the upper back to him- he lost the front night sight due to some dumb luck! - so I asked to just put anything on. He installed a dead front sight on ,w/ glowing rear sight. Well, at least it is better than nothing!

I went to the range after waiting for almost a week for the upper to come back, shot almost 30rds of Federal ammo. Several of empty brass came right at my eyes and several more over my head. I was wondering what the heck was going on since I never had this experience, I actually had my SA1911 w/ me and it worked much better. The G21SF also had constant fail to feed w/ the last round using different mag. When I tap the magazine upward, the slide actually move forward chambering a round w/out me touching slide release. I tried loading 2 rds, 4 rds, 5rds and the same thing happened w/ the last round not feeding from magazine- turned out that loaded magazines didn't catch the metal tab of this ambi mag catch. At this point, I lost all confidence in this Glock 21Sf. I called Glock customer service to complaint about this. The guy, don't remember what his name was, over the phone said to ship it in- but at my own expense. So, I said to him that the pistol is defective, and it's Glock's fault for letting this through. I went on and on for a few more minutes, and almost finished saying that I also own Ruger pistols and Ruger has better............ he finally agreed to send me the call tag- "just only this one time" Yeah right! I have owned G17, (2) G19, G24, (2)G26, (2)G27, G35 and none of them has ever given me a problem.

Anyway, I got a call tag through e-mail, dropped it off at FedEx station the next day. One week went by, no one contacted me. Another 3 days went by, FedEx express truck stopped by at my place w/ a box and I was wondering what it was. I looked at the return address, and kinda knew but still wondering what Glock did to my G21SF which I sent in. I opened the package to find a brand new matching number G21SF w/ regular mag catch and three 13 mags. Oh, boy! I am happy, just like the morning of Christmas day. :party29:

The only bad thing is they still put back that stupid sights I had on my defective G21SF w/ ambi mag release- dead front sight and glowing rear sight. Hopefully, these sights won't come back and haunt me like some of these horror movies.

Pictures later.

Attachments

• Glock 21SF (2).JPG
      Glock 21SF (2).JPG
      77.8 KB · Views: 226
    • Glock 21SF (1).JPG
      Glock 21SF (1).JPG
      48 KB · Views: 223
    Last edited:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice. I'm kinda surprised about the sights. Usually Glock armorers only put back factory Glock parts. If the sights were aftermarket they usually send them back in a bag. If it had any aftermarket springs, connectors, ejectors, etc they get swapped out for Glock OEM parts.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I'm kinda surprised about the sights. Usually Glock armorers only put back factory Glock parts.

Yes, I am surprised too. But, at least those sights are made of metal instead of OEM plastic. I could have hoped that they would install "their" night sights on, but I am not greedy. Getting a brand new Glock21SF for a used price is already beyond my imagination- of course, minus all the trouble I had to go through.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I prefer the Ameriglo 2 color sights. I put the operators on my M&P and far appreciate them over my Trijicons that I put on my G23. The dots are larger and the two color set is easy to line up and or acquire the front sight for self defense.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    today i just put on a set of HI Viz sights on my g20 (same frame as g21), fiber optic front and dual fiber optic rear. works pretty good. have warren-sevigny competitions on my other glocks (fiber optic fronts and notched rears) also work great and fast target acquisition.

and congrats on getting a brand spankin' new gun out of your hassles, that's great.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Past experience w/ Meprolite was not good- had it on Glock24 and only lasted a few years - but that was several years ago. I have heard good thing about the AmeriGlo though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom