• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    I have had one in a holding pattern for a month now. It's a 1911-style, but they still have to keep it for an annoying amount of time.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Maryland is beautiful... Maryland is historic... Maryland needs to be saved from the folks that spend 3 months a year in Annapolis... they tend to be a combination of both stupid and evil.

It is hard to fathom how they can continually screw things up in just 90 days!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Is there any actual point to the handgun roster?

If it is a semi-auto from a major manufacturer, why isnt it just automatically approved?

The original idea was that handguns would come with an "integrated mechanical safety device" and only those guns would be approved not disapproved after 2nd review.

But, that was 2002. Since, few guns are sold with the originally conceived device, and the Roster Board had to re-interpret "integrated mechanical safety device" to mean a bore lock.I think that they did this in 2003 so the police could buy Beretta's. :lol2: It did not take long for MD to find out how stupid this was.

Now, its just a rubber stamp.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The original idea was that handguns would come with an "integrated mechanical safety device" and only those guns would be approved not disapproved after 2nd review.

But, that was 2002. Since, few guns are sold with the originally conceived device, and the Roster Board had to re-interpret "integrated mechanical safety device" to mean a bore lock.I think that they did this in 2003 so the police could buy Beretta's. :lol2: It did not take long for MD to find out how stupid this was.

Now, its just a rubber stamp.

Posted in the wrong thread - response belonged in the Buying a new gun thread https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=223748

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom