• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stiffin71

May 3, 2012
    Invisible in plain sight
    Centerfire

They will ship to Maryland, you have to have the FFL that you are going to perform the transfer to get in touch with the director and make the deal, then you and your FFL will do your thang.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    They will ship to Maryland, you have to have the FFL that you are going to perform the transfer to get in touch with the director and make the deal, then you and your FFL will do your thang.

Did they said that to you? They said since my billing address is in MD, it's a no-go. Should have kept my FL ID.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Get used to this. Cautious online vendors will begin stopping sales to MD of soon-to-be-banned rifles in August and September on the chance that a delay in processing or shipping could cause the rifle to be delivered after Oct. 1. Don't wait until the last minute to buy what you need.

I have noted this in other threads, but vendors, other FFLs and major nationwide distributors have already cut Maryland off in many cases.

It will get much much worse before it gets better. This is a bit off the VEPR topic, sorry, but the "screw Maryland, I'm buying nothing regulated after Oct 1st folks," are only shooting themselves in the foot.

You won't be striking a blow for 2A rights, you will only be destroying the firearms industry in Maryland and drastically reducing your options and access to firearms and firearms accessories.

Back on topic, I have personally called several such vendors for transfer customers, but have been continually cut off, as they fear being the test/showcase case for the new restrictive laws.

Feb 25, 2011
    Charlestown, MD
    Also sorry to hijack the thread, but I was up a Shyda's in Lebanon today and they had a Mossberg 590A1 SPX which I wanted to pick up. They wouldn't even sell that to me. Even though it is a pump shotgun, the manager pulled out SB281, quoted the "Mossberg 500 Bullpup assault shotgun or similar" listed under the banned weapons and said it was similar. No go for me. I get that they are just covering themselves, but it was incredibly frustrating trying to make sense of the convoluted law to him.

/end-hijack

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Bought from them thru the years and not a problem. Too bad they don't want to deal with MD's bs law any longer.......

Ditto. They haven't sold handguns to MD in years, apparently because they didn't want to bother with the fired case thing, even though that really shouldn't have stopped them from shipping to MD because it just puts the responsibility for the fired case on the receiving FFL and his customer.

As for their current policy on certain rifles, I think they are just anticipating what is going to be the law in MD in a few short months, and are making it their policy a little early. It sucks, but it's their business and their decision.

They aren't the only pony in the show though, there are still dealers you can buy VEPR's from that will ship to MD, at least until Oct.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Also sorry to hijack the thread, but I was up a Shyda's in Lebanon today and they had a Mossberg 590A1 SPX which I wanted to pick up. They wouldn't even sell that to me. Even though it is a pump shotgun, the manager pulled out SB281, quoted the "Mossberg 500 Bullpup assault shotgun or similar" listed under the banned weapons and said it was similar. No go for me. I get that they are just covering themselves, but it was incredibly frustrating trying to make sense of the convoluted law to him.

/end-hijack

Are these people really that dumb? Was the manager aware of today's date and the date which SB281 becomes effective?

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Like I said I should have kept my FL id longer. Well, at least I got myself three AK pistols to play w/.;) Now I look forward to moving back to FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom