• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    Have any of you ordered an ar15 complete upper (prebuilt would be nice) I don't have many tools and it seems like completing the upper takes some special tools. Lead me in the right direction for my first ar15 pistol. I am not against buying a complete lower (with dimpled bufer tube) for the shockwave blade. Looking for 8.5" 300AAC. Not going to throw a can on it right away but I would like some accuracy to possibly use this fall for hunting. My aim is to keep it under $700 total with the best quality and reliability possible with warranty.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I got my pistol upper from PSA. They have several configurations to choose from.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    Here is one of my many AR pistol builds I have done. I build them at my local gun shop, PM me if your interested.

Attachments

• F6D18BAB-4B79-48C5-9FFA-CC29D18E1537.jpg
      F6D18BAB-4B79-48C5-9FFA-CC29D18E1537.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 392

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I did a Pistol build from Joe Bob Outfitters. Got a Radical Firearms 7.5" upper on an unbuilt Pre-Oct '13 Lower. Used the KAK blade as above.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've ordered from JSE Custom for my AR pistol. No issues with the order, some uppers you can even customize before they ship out.
    http://www.jsesurplus.com/

Ordered an upper from MAS Defense for my SBR. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet but everything looks good on it. They have pistol length too.
    https://shop.masdefense.com/main.sc

MAS defense has me interested. How'd that upper turn out for you? I would prefer the 1/7 twist the MAS uses, that the palmetto doesn't.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Unfortunately I still haven't been able to make it out to shoot it yet. I'm hoping now that the rain has slowed down I will be able to get out there. Its passed the testing I can do in my basement so my fingers are crossed.

If I get out there soon, I will report back.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've seen good reviews on these guys, and just had a .300 10.5 delivered. Looks pretty good, but will be a bit before I am able to fully test it out.

https://www.hardenedarms.com/

For the cost, I seriously question the component quality, the assembly, and numerous other things associated with a assembled upper that that price point. Call it what you will, but when a highly respected member of MDS, and IP no less, sees a lot of these budget built uppers on his bench, with numerous issues, I get the warning loud and clear.

I'm all for saving money, but not at the expense of a grenade that is less than 12" from my head. You want to save money on an AR, wait for stuff to go on sale, like Black Friday to Cyber Monday, Christmas sales, Easter sales, Memorial Day sales, 4th of July sales, Labor Day sales and the like. That is how you will get quality components for good prices on the build. Last year I picked up a Magpul PRS for 192 shipped from Aim Surplus. The previous year I picked up almost all the parts to build a pistol upper for around 450.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom