• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well, firearms adhd is striking again. Going to sell off or part-out this upper. No faults with it, just have gotten bored it - as is usual for me. Less than 350 rounds down that LaRue barrel.

So if anyone has any interest, just let me know.

11949271_10207722858938884_2801665062295994611_n.jpg

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Hey its already broke in!

What hand load has been the cats ass on this? I'm working up some 77s now for my 18 noveskee. It shoots 62 grain nosler varmageddons with a max load of h335 like a laser. But out at 300 and 400 the wind opens them up to about 6 inch groups. Hoping the 77s will do better.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    larue barrels are on sale through the end of the calendar year.

When you have a "sale" price that extends a calendar year...you no longer have a sale price, you have a new low price you are advertising against your previously too high price.

These barrels have been in the $200 since they launched. Don't like how LaRue plays that "sale" game.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    When you have a "sale" price that extends a calendar year...you no longer have a sale price, you have a new low price you are advertising against your previously too high price.

These barrels have been in the $200 since they launched. Don't like how LaRue plays that "sale" game.

I'm one of the last people on earth to be a LaRue fanboy. As a matter of fact, the only way I'd ever own a LaRue product is buying used from someone else, or through a third-party seller. Basically in a way that my money would never reach Mark LaRue's arrogant, it-smells-like-roses hands. Their barrels are superb though, and at the price point they're currently selling at (regardless whether you call it a sale or just the price now) are an extremely good buy.

I do like my Rainier barrels too though.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I sold my 18" barrel and bought a 20" instead. We'll see how it does once the muzzle device arrives. His barrels have large gas ports per last report and I have heard of heat treating issues, but I doubt that's a common issue.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For all possible interested parties, I'll pm details after I get off work tonight.

So far all ammo used has been factory offerings, no handloads have been put thru it. It definitely prefers the 77gr SSA ammo.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well, firearms adhd is striking again. Going to sell off or part-out this upper. No faults with it, just have gotten bored it - as is usual for me. Less than 350 rounds down that LaRue barrel.

So if anyone has any interest, just let me know.

View attachment 183355

Tally is at under 550 rounds down the bore as it sits.

I'm bored with it. Time to for it to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom