• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    Whenever my power was out I wired up a cheap window air conditioner to my generator. Then I would switch between that and my refrigerator until power was restored. Hope you have juice by now!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Power came back on around 4:00am. I just called off and started my anniversary short vacation a day early. Chainsaw o'clock after my cup of coffee.

The ghost is gone and the running car in the snow bank has been towed. They say I will still be without 3% of power for two weeks. Most 13'ers will have no idea what this paragraph is about.

EDIT- A small window AC unit will be purchased today.

:thumbsup:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Yeah I was watching it come across from the west. In Eldersburg, it had already begun it's split. We got the stretched green yellow and maybe some orange. The reds went polar, and yeah, Pikesville probably caught a nice piece of red.

I did some Googling and Youtubing and a microburst best describes what happened.
    The picture sort of shows how the rain was going sideways. The window was not foggy, that is what it looked like.
    (I have given up on trying to fix MDS sideways pictures)

Attachments

• 20180618_164717.jpg
      20180618_164717.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 105

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I'm working down your way (cross country and Fallstaff) and it was a mess this morning. Traffic signal at Old Court and Park Heights was out at 6:30am an still out at 4pm when I left. And no one directing traffic?

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Whenever my power was out I wired up a cheap window air conditioner to my generator. Then I would switch between that and my refrigerator until power was restored. Hope you have juice by now!

Good to have a plan when the power goes out in the summer to keep cool. Especially if you have family members who have medical issues and can't take the heat.

For us, the basement is 55 degrees year round so we head down there.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Power came back on around 4:00am. I just called off and started my anniversary short vacation a day early. Chainsaw o'clock after my cup of coffee.

The ghost is gone and the running car in the snow bank has been towed. They say I will still be without 3% of power for two weeks. Most 13'ers will have no idea what this paragraph is about.

EDIT- A small window AC unit will be purchased today.

Glad to hear you are still with us, not to mention I'm a 13'er and knew immediately what each reference meant... apparently I lurked for too long before joining?

PS. The snowbank car story still makes me laugh...

I'm working down your way (cross country and Fallstaff) and it was a mess this morning. Traffic signal at Old Court and Park Heights was out at 6:30am an still out at 4pm when I left. And no one directing traffic?

Pretty close to me- I'm right by MSP HQ.
    Lots of trees down and multiple crushed cars as well. I swear it was as bad as the 2012 Derecho, but very localized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom