• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Hey all,

My name's MindTheGAP - I'm a Maryland shooter. I've been lurking on these forums for a long time and decided I should probably register so I can contribute / comment where it's probably not warranted.

I'm a frequent shooter who enjoys building guns, including the infamous 80%ers. I own the standard various flavors of AR-15s, AR-9s, AR-10s, Glocks (dont hate me too much), Sig Sauers, 10/22s, and one of my all time favorites, the Mosin Nagant 91/30.

I look forward to joining this awesome community, and thanks for reading!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We still Welcome ! you , but there have been other '18ers .

So you are a fan of G37, 38 , 39 ? Or is that an acronym for somthing else ?

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    We still Welcome ! you , but there have been other '18ers .

So you are a fan of G37, 38 , 39 ? Or is that an acronym for somthing else ?

Yup, you nailed it. In my younger *more* foolish days, I purchased a Glock 37 Gen 3 w/ 5 magazines and a GTL21 for $500, only had about 250 rounds through it. At the time, thought it was an absolute steal. Until I looked for ammo and met several gun store / hunting outlets with staff who'd reply with "You mean .45 ACP, right?"

Absolutely love the lack of that somewhat-typical ".45 muzzle flip" and the recoil is a smooth rearward push. Highly accurate too, definitely a 'ragged hole' type of handgun. It's unfortunate that the market didn't adopt the .45 GAP like Glock thought they would but I've made my peace with it by buying in bulk online and slowly acquiring the equipment to reload.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If Springfield had gone ahead as originally intended , and introduced the EMP in .45GAP , that combined with the Glock product line , would have been the tipping point assuring the GAP being accepted at least at the level of .357Sig .

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Good Evening Folks--

First--welcome MindTheGAP

Second-- This is my first post as well...no intent to hijack your intro, apologies

Been registered a couple of years and visit from time to time. The direct e-mail I started recently receiving from the forum has caused me to visit more often lately so whoever decided to start that... I aplaud.

Retired military after 31 years back in 2010 and I've been fortunate enough to get up every day and go to work over the last 7 years to continue to support our troops in the DoD mission space.

I enjoy shooting when/where I can--nothing serious, just some Trap from time to time and pistols/rifles at the local indoor range. Would like to get the rifles on some longer distance range and perhaps attend a three gun event in person to watch and learn.

My modest collection of firearms includes 2 AR-15s (one DD and one home build); 1 Hk 9mm USP; 1 Springfield XD-M .45 ACP; 1 M1; 1 Marlin/Glenfield Bolt Action .22; 1 Browning Citori 12 gauge O&U clays shotgun and 1 Weatherby O&U 12 gauge field shotgun.

Look forward to more posts in the future-- thanks for your time.

HWB3

Jan 18, 2017
    Ellicott City
    Welcome. I'm a newbee to and have learned a lot on this site. People are very willing to help when asked about an issue with reloading.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 104

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to the Forum. You'll find a lot of good advice and tips here. You clearly have a lot more experience with firearms than I did when I joined MDS and I've learned a lot since then. Glad to have you on board.

Cal68

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]MindTheGAP,
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    [FONT=&quot]MindTheGAP,
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]
    Great links, thanks for that. Esp love the MDS Parody link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom