• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'm thinking of getting the Ruger American Predator with the Vortex 4-12 diamondback II.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    My brother and I both have Predators. I have Vortex Viper HS and he has Swfa. They shoot well. The stock needs to be trimmed. I didn't trim mine enough and depending on how I had it rested, would change poi. We are waiting in the Magpul stocks to show up.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Remington is coming out with a 700 magpul Hunter factory one. Street price is about $1k. Also considering the savage model 10 pred.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Remington is coming out with a 700 magpul Hunter factory one. Street price is about $1k. Also considering the savage model 10 pred.

Do indeed consider the Savage 10 Predator. It's a fine shooting rifle. Mine is in .260 Remington, which is why I keep telling myself that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for me to buy another rifle in 6.5 Creedmore. So far, that's worked. So far....:)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm thinking of getting the Ruger American Predator with the Vortex 4-12 diamondback II.

I saw that 6.5 CM and Vortex combo for sale at the Atlantic Guns Super sale last week for about $550, which was an awesome price.

They might still have it, but probably not going to honor that one-day price.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What's the 3-day waiting period?
    Common name and possibly didn't provide a social for the NICS check. System probably didn't immediately clear him, so the LGS will hang on to the firearm awaiting a determination up to three days (if I remember correctly).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, but I thought those holds were about a day...

Varies. Had one place hold 1 over a weekend because they didn't hear back from NICS on Friday. :rolleyes:

Most of the ones where I got 'delayed', were approved within an hour to 3 hours.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I have a Ruger Predator in 6.5 sitting at my FFL just have not had time to pick it up yet. I have a Vortex Diamondback 4X12-40 Tactical waiting to go on it. Hopefully over the next few weeks I will be able to report back. Will eventually be shooting be shooting @ 300 yards. At some point in time I will hopefully be heading down to VA with a friend that owns 800 acres and has a steel target set up at 800 yards. On a quick not a guy that belongs to the range I belong to just picked up a Predator in 6.5 and he worked up a hand load that tore the same hole with 3 shots at 100.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    200% American! Cool.

Attachments

• MAG931-fde.jpg
      MAG931-fde.jpg
      15.5 KB · Views: 450

Users who are viewing this thread