• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Catholics are allowed to defend themselves and others. They are called to do it. What the f is this moron talking about?

The Bishops in the Catholic Church have notoriously been against private ownership of guns, going back to the Saturday Night Specials in the 80s. It doesn’t surprise me that a MoCo priest (I’m only listening, not watching) spoke in opposition to the bill.

I am not bashing the Catholic Church, I am a brother Knight.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The Bishops in the Catholic Church have notoriously been against private ownership of guns, going back to the Saturday Night Specials in the 80s. It doesn’t surprise me that a MoCo priest (I’m only listening, not watching) spoke in opposition to the bill.

And pro illegal immigration. But that's just a drop in the bucket of reasons why they don't see me at church anymore.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Even though I was denied my 1st Amendment rights earlier, I have been watching the hearing.

So, I am still with you all, I'm just supporting you now with my grandson asleep in my arms since I can protect him and Democrats won't.

Thanks to everyone still there. Sorry I got taken out. (But I'm not done)

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013

You’ll have to show me Brother. The church says I have the right to defend myself with deadly force if needed. It does not say how I can go about doing that. There are several bishops who have spoken out against firearms but they are doing so under the divine direction of the church. The Sir Knights color guard contains a sword for a reason. A stretch I know but it’s there to protect your church.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    You’ll have to show me Brother. The church says I have the right to defend myself with deadly force if needed. It does not say how I can go about doing that. There are several bishops who have spoken out against firearms but they are doing so under the divine direction of the church. The Sir Knights color guard contains a sword for a reason. A stretch I know but it’s there to protect your church.

The word of these Bishops carries no weight other than PR, but they constantly use their pulpit to preach against firearms. I couldn’t find the 80s articles with a quick search, but here are a couple links.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/justice/us-bishops-back-assault-weapons-ban-leery-arming-teachers

Support for SB281:
    http://www.mdcathcon.org/support-sb-281sb-266sb-420-reducing-gun-violence?journal=483

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    The word of these Bishops carries no weight other than PR, but they constantly use their pulpit to preach against firearms. I couldn’t find the 80s articles with a quick search, but here are a couple links.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/justice/us-bishops-back-assault-weapons-ban-leery-arming-teachers

Support for SB281:
    http://www.mdcathcon.org/support-sb-281sb-266sb-420-reducing-gun-violence?journal=483

I was able to find just as many supporting vs against. Prolly just as many passages in the Bible saying “he who does not have sword should go out and buy one.”

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Even though I was denied my 1st Amendment rights earlier, I have been watching the hearing.

So, I am still with you all, I'm just supporting you now with my grandson asleep in my arms since I can protect him and Democrats won't.

Thanks to everyone still there. Sorry I got taken out. (But I'm not done)

Good to hear you're safe. Looking forward to being kicked out of many more hearings alongside of you.

Part of me is debating hitting Facebook with some negative reviews on some public officials.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    How can there be "hands on exercise for not shooting?" WTH is that? Sounds like he wants role play w/guns. And NONE have had the CCW training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom